EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 01-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default no chat window at login

Ok, this happens periodically due to idiot user error. (That would be me, yes.)

I accidently, while looting through a chat window that allows clickthrough, close my chat window. No big deal, since you can press Enter to get it back, right?

Well, if I make that mistake and fix it by pressing Enter to get my chat window back, when I log out that toon and bring it back, no chat window at login.

I'd really like to have my chat window at login. What can I do to fix this, please?

Great mod, Zonx!
Unread 01-04-2007, 07:26 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

1) Window settings that are altered through any means other than the mouse often do not get saved. Anytime you open a window via ENTER, you may want to move and/or resize it a tad by mouse.

2) Set 1 chat window that's out of the way to "Always Chat Here" via right-click menu. Then turn off the titlebar of all other chat windows so they can't be closed accidentally.

3) Avoid using the mouse for looting. Lotto All/Accept Item activates with ENTER. Decline activates with ESC. Should only need to click the loot window to examine or select one item from a list.

4) If this is still a frequent problem for you, you might consider removing the close button from eq2ui_mainhud_chat.xml and use right-click to close chat windows instead.
Unread 01-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks for the reply, Zonx. I've already moved the chat window, and that didn't work. I'll try the other steps, and see what happens!

And I wasn't very eloquent in how I worded that. The looting problem happened when I clicked on a corpse to open the loot window, and it happened to hop the cursor enough so that my click happened on the chat window's [x] button.

Garylian
Unread 01-05-2007, 10:08 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Settings files do sometimes get bugged and refuse to save settings for some windows, particularly chat and bags. If all else fails, you may want to try /load_uisettings and select a character with settings you like.

As a last resort, trash the settings file for that toon and resetup your windows from scratch.