EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 05-08-2010, 01:11 AM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Cause of death into chat?

Is it possible to have a mod that reports how a player in a raid/group/whatever into chat?

ie - Player dies to falling damage and when they die anyone running the mod will print something like "Soandso was killed by FALLING for 100000 falling damage." If in a raid someone is killed by standing in an AE it would print "Soandso was killed by [Evil Incantations], Maalus Imbued for 25940 physical damage."

When it prints have it default into both raid and group text. I know mentioning something along the lines of "there was this mod in warcraft...." but it's inspired by the original mod in Warcraft called Obituary. The mod linked does much more than it used to when I first used it but all I'm interested is printing the cause of death into chat without the extra junk it does now. Seems like it would be possible but I have no idea.
Unread 05-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Not possible at all to my knowledge. When a player dies, the information goes into chat in two separate forms: the first is the damage (Player is hit by Soandso's Whatever for ThisMuch type damage). The second is the kill message (Soandso has killed Player).

One of the issues is that those messages are not connected at all; the only thing that lets you know what killed a player is the order: what killed them is probably the last damage they took before they died. You can get an idea of what is killing people using a parser like ACT, but there's nothing as simple as what you're asking for.