View Single Post
Unread 12-05-2008, 09:02 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
Can you give an example of this one? I looked over the code and it looks like we're setting the Text value of a UIText control before we toggle the visibility when DynamicData changes. There could be specific instances where maybe we change the visibility and then change the text later on, but from what I can tell, if we update the text and visibility at the same time, the text should be available when OnShow fires.
A specific example that is causing much trouble is subclass detection. This uses /GameData.Self.SubClass, which as far as I know does not contain a visibility component, and using OnShow of the window that contains it does not work, because OnShow fires before /GameData.Self.SubClass contains a value.

Of course this specific case could be solved if we had a /GameData.Self.SubClassEnglish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
I've added 3 new events because they were fairly easy.

OnTextChanged for UIText controls

and OnMove / OnSize for every control that supports Location and Size properties.
This in addition to your other changes today is christmas come early for us!

PS: Did you ever discuss the ProgressBar empty event issue in ::render() with Zoltaroth? He said we wanted to talk to you about how to fix it but didn't get back to me yet.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-05-2008 at 09:06 PM.