View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2009, 02:37 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yay for the xml settings, I admit I didn't believe I'd yet see them. Saves me from abusing the Add/Delete POI functionality for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
It'll probably work something like this; any custom values you write to the main page will be serialized into the INI file and read back in when the UI is loaded. Unless of course you guys have some better ideas, I'm all ears. We could require that you create a data object with a specific name like "CustomData" and all values in that object would be written to the INI file. This might be a cleaner implementation.
I think it would be a bad idea to write just any value, we use a lot of temporary variables that should not be stored. A CustomData object would be fine I think. Or alternatively if you want you could just store any variable that ends with "Store" or something like that.

But if at all possible could you please store non-custom properties that have been changed by script as well? E.g. if I show, move or resize a window via script it would be great if that could be stored. For bonus points also the window settings modes None/Frame/Frame & Titlebar according to the visible status of the respective window elements (since we can't toggle it directly).