Unread 12-08-2008, 02:56 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

oh no, more work. j/k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
First, I'd love to create a new POI that contains multiple points. Maybe we could call it an ROI (Region of Interest). Basically it would draw on the map as shape. We'd probably code it to round off the edges so it would look nicer than a hard-edged polygon. This could be used for discovery areas or defining a region where a certain mob spawns when there isn't a specific coordinate.
I'm having a hard time imagining it but my first impression from an EQ2MAP perspective is that the maps are busy and colorful enough as they are, putting even larger POIs on them won't help. At least not before we don't have robust POI filtering capabilities in place.

If you implement it I agree on the rounded edges though, otherwise it will look too artifical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
I would also like to add a new property to the POI where you can specify a quest name that is associated with the POI. This would allow us to put the map in a mode where only POI's were displayed if they were linked to a quest in your active journal.
This sounds really great.

On the implementation side in order to make it work on localized servers also it would be really helpful if the quest name tag could be english only, i.e. without translation tags (since users won't be able to submit the tags).

One further thought on this: We have over 16.000 POIs in EQ2MAP an noone will ever update them all to add the questname tag or even just the correct poitype. Therefore could the filtering possibly just make the respective POIs more visible instead of filtering all others out? I'm thinking of making them a glow (in a different color than the current search result selection glow), enlarging them or something like that. At least optionally?

Last edited by gm9 : 12-08-2008 at 03:08 PM.