View Single Post
Unread 07-14-2010, 02:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
That's sort of why I'm confused. The internal name is "exp06_dun_thehole_raid" but the ImageStyles are named "exp06_dun_thehole_raid_0" to "exp06_dun_thehole_raid_4".

I expected that I would need to find the original "exp06_dun_thehole" definition, make a copy of it for the raid zone and make sure it referenced the five new ImageStyles.

But apparently it's more hidden and automatic than that. If the game just automatically searches for numbered definitions that match a prefix, that's fine... it just seems too automatic.
Oh, ok, I can explain that. The client recognizes the exp06_dun_thehole_raid part and that is enough to link map to zone, the integers at the end are ignored, they could be anything, they are basically just there to write conformant XML where you cannot have duplicate node names. The client applies all mapstyles to the same map anyway and only uses the additional information in the mapstyle - in this case heightmin/heightmax - to select which one to display. If several mapstyles have identical "priority", i.e. usually identical properties, it will simply display the first one of those it has encountered.