View Single Post
Unread 11-12-2007, 11:59 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
I think you will have better luck producing a mod for each language that has subclass detection then SOE providing the same data multiple times.
I already have that functionality in ProfitUI for over a year now, that is not the problem. The problem is rather people with slow computers where I cannot initialize the detection OnShow of the UI. At least I had users where the funtionality would fail until I started detecting subclasses OnHoverIn, and I think it was due to the DynamicData not being intialized for a considerable amount of time after the UI loads.

Since now I will be adding subclass detection to my stat bar I need to have it OnShow. I guess I need to update the code to add a couple of seconds delay before it runs. But we all know SOE doesn't like us to create full automation code that uses delays, so I thought I'd ask for the DynamicData before I get banned.

PS: Also multiple languages lead to my most important grievance with the UI: it is not non-ASCII compatible. I cannot even do a /useabilityonplayer <non-ASCII player name>. I know it's only a ProfitUI problem since - as far as I know - ProfitUI is the only mod that is trying to be multi-language compatible, but it would still be great if that could be finally fixed...

Last edited by gm9 : 11-12-2007 at 12:02 PM. Reason: added recurring complaint about lack of UTF compatibility :p