View Single Post
Unread 01-07-2009, 01:59 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAriel View Post
3. You either have to have the mini map opened or closed. You can't just push a button or two to toggle between open and close you have to go all the way into options to toggle it which is really annoying.
There is already a key for it, default should be Ctrl-M or M, I forget which one.

Quote:
4. The main map's size can be adjusted to smalller but then you can't see path, clear, etc. And you have to constantly adjust the size it to put in waypoints/coordinates. And the waypoint/Coordinate window is way to small.
After GU51 we should have the possibility to adjust the search bar to a two-line layout when you make the window too small for the current layout. The waypoint/coordinate window is not too small, it scales with the map window.

Quote:
5. Can not get rid of the dots just to find a named, or a the little blue dots to go through to find a specific quest or Npc.
Since SOE wants to add filtering to the default map we are wainting for them to implement it and use that in EQ2MAP.

Quote:
6. Half the time you can't find what your looking for because all the little pixel books, crossing swords, arrows look exactly the same and mix in with the back ground.
I agree that some of the icons could do with better contrast. Hopefully there are some custom sets to choose from soon.

Quote:
10. Seems like it is alot harder to go from map to typing in chat. If you have just put in a coordinate you have to click on the main screen to get out of map before pushing M to close the map window or you will put m in the waypoint/coordinate window which screws everything up.
That was brought up before. The functionality is the same as in every other window you type in. We discussed this internally and the EQ2MAP team decided to leave it with the default functionality and not try to click out of the window for you because the available solutions all also have disadvantages (like forcing the map window to lose focus while you may not have wanted it to).

Quote:
Old Map
Pro's:
2. Not to big so you could have it open and follow the map and still see where your going.
Moot point with the minimap, I don't understand why people keep bringing this up.

Quote:
3. Could easily type or paste in waypoints/coordiantes.
There is no difference here between old and new systems. You are just more likely to type in the new system that's why you notice it more.

Quote:
Con's
2. Can't zoom in and out.
Not that it matters now, but the old map system allows zooming.

Quote:
At least give us the choice and keep updateing the old verison. We can choose from hundreds of differnt UI's so why can't we choose a different map ui as well?
Because we do this for free in our free time and we did not want to invest time into making it compatible with the old and (in our view) obsolete map system. Nothing is stopping you from doing it yourself though, so stop complaining.

Quote:
For 5 years the old map worked
I think it was three.

Last edited by gm9 : 01-07-2009 at 06:13 PM. Reason: typo