View Single Post
Unread 06-25-2007, 12:04 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Pretty cool idea, should be easy enough to decode it based on that. Was a bit confused until I noticed that "open uisettings file" will not load the selected file but rather the first file in the folder.

Another issue I experienced was that for one window in one file the cursor would be set at an incorrect position (middle of window name). The file structure appeared correct, at least the problematic window data started exactly at the position where it should be according to the previous window's data byte count (your W5), so I assume it's an issue with your app. Can give you the file if you want to test it out.

From quickly looking at my default uisettings files for windows where I know the sizes I can tell you the following (position given as decimal byte offset with start of the window data section as byte 1):

Code:
Bytes - Contents
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
14+15 - Window width
18+19 - Window height
Strangely enough I saw no further differences between windows, in particular no location information. Will have to experiment for those.

A really useful function that you should add to your program would be to allow the user to remove module/window information from the file.

In any case thanks for decoding the file so far, this will speed up the process of updating my default settings files a lot!