View Single Post
Unread 08-16-2006, 11:47 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

To test changes in the text or the icon name you need to get a handle to them. I suppose the text can be found in a standard tooltip field, but this may not be the case. No idea if you would find a handle for the icon name, either. Both are pushed by the server.

Even if you could get around this step, you can only test upon a specific event, e.g. moving your mouse over the window.

Furthermore, you have no way to guarantee that the icon did not move to another place in the list while you tested. So you might end up making the wrong icon larger.

Even if you make the right icon larger, it will stay large even if a new effect is shown in that place, so you would have to check as well whether you need to reduce the icon size again.

Last but not least, to show one icon double size, they will all have to be double spaced regardless of size. This will look more than ugly.

And I don't even mention the horrible lag that you would cause on most machines by testing this for 60 icons (target and implied target) at any meaningful frequency.

So while theoretically you might be able to get this done, I still say that for practical purposes this is not doable.