View Single Post
Unread 10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The issue with the window names is that they all get consolidated into a virtual hierarchy (root._HUD) during runtime so you will get two windows copied into the same node if they have the same name. You can do some creative modding with that without touching the original file, but I never liked to do it that way.

On the sizing I agree it would be nice to be able to save more states. There is currently a solution to this though, Drago. You know that page size, page position and page visible state are saved to uisettings.ini. Just work with that. The only issue is that the user needs to make those changes, you cannot do them via a script or they won't be saved. I got creative a while back and created a _ProfitUI_IconSizer.xml that is a collection of user-resizeable pages made to look like sliderbars (basically instead of pulling a slider you are resizing a window without knowing it). Via Minimum and MaximumSize you can give constraints on the "sliderbar" you need. Still clunky to use, and only works with icons sizes or volumepage sizes really since those use x,y format anyway.

Oh, all I could do if I could split a simple X from a Y.