View Single Post
Unread 04-24-2010, 02:07 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenpaw View Post
I did make one GM9 and it is still sitting there because it hasn't been made as pretty as the others.
You might have missed it but your map is on the eq2map updater.

I believe it was reasonable of us to ask whether anybody wanted to texture the outline that is your map since texturing does not take long usually. We did not say we would reject the map if noone was going to do it. Since someone stepped up immediately offering to texture we held the map back for some 2 weeks in the interest of a better quality map, but when none was forthcoming your map went live as you uploaded it.

Bandwidth is still a reason for not pushing drafts of maps but for EQ2MAP v2 jnils and I changed it so everything is downloaded in compressed form so bandwidth usage has actually been reduced quite a bit. The other reason is simply that it takes a certain effort to verify a map and add it to eq2map, so we try to only push them live once if we can help it (and for some reason it always seems to come down to me and neither am I getting paid for this nor am I even playing this game anymore!).

If that is nevertheless enough to demotivate you from creating further maps that is unfortunate but quite frankly cannot be helped, although I hope me taking the time to explain helps you reconsider your position and we will see more maps from you, be they minimalist outlines or fully textured works of art.