View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2005, 03:37 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Laffs, I can tell you the syntax... it's simply Attachment.Text=AttachmentIcon.Tooltip

Problem is it doesn't work with the new style tooltips. I wrote Silverfrost and was quite glad when he wrote me back that I'm not crazy.

From Silverfrost
Quote:
Hmmm, an interesting idea. I'll have to think about it, and yeah, the new style tooltips are totally incompatible with dynamic data at the moment, sorry!
So, if you're playing around with it, you might want to give up. Your first attempt was probably right

But on the received mail, the attachment comes with the old-style (text-only) tooltip, so it works beautifully. I'm thinking of trying something similar with the trade window, as I mouse over every item in the window before hitting accept - it'd be nice to just have the text on the screen. After doing some test trades with my wife, those tooltips are also text only and should work.

Anyone have any ideas for how to make it update either periodically, or when items are dropped into the window? On the mail mod, I'm using two effectors. One with a 1-second time and another with a 2-second. Whenever you OnHoverIn over one of the mail messages, the 2 effects kick off and an OnEffectEnd then syncs the text to the tooltip. In addition, OnHoverOut kicks off the sync.

But, in a trade window, the other person might be adding items to the window and I really don't know if that generates an event. Or what the event would be. Sorry, but some or the OnX's just really confuse me. I tried having one effector kick off another effector every second and succeeded really well at crashing the UI builder