MY UI AUTHOR PORTAL:
SEAGOAT'S UI MODS SUPPORT THREAD:
Please post any questions you have about my mods to the support thread. Bug reports and feature requests should be made through my Portal.
HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?
This mod took great inspiration from Mother's Mail (obsolete), which can be found here:
I can't take credit for the "Forward" button -- that was all Mother's doing!
-- but I did repair that function so that it works with the newest mail window, which saw some heirarchical changes and the addition of the "Spam" tab a few GUs ago.
All tabs/both windows:
- The excess space on all tabs has been removed, as well as the window title bar.
- The "Window Settings" and "Close" buttons have been moved down into the tab area.
- The inbox status information (total letters, unread letters) has been moved to the bottom of the inbox tab -- mostly because I couldn't satisfactorily squeeze it in anywhere else.
- "Delete All" button has been changed to "Empty," a la webmail spam folders (and so it would fit better, LOL...have you noticed a theme here??).
- A "ToggleBags" button and a display of your current coin have been added to make sending attachments a little more friendly (requested features).
"Send" tab and "Opened Mail" (read) window:
- "Attachments" (formerly "Gifts") area has been rearranged and condensed.
"Opened Mail" (read) window:
- Rearranged bottom buttons; added "Forward" button.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
This mod works exactly the same as the default mail window, except being a bit prettier and more space-efficient, plus the addition of the "Forward" ability.
HOW DO I INSTALL IT?
1. Follow the installation instructions for all UI mods here: http://faq.eq2interface.com/
2. If the "Help," "Window Settings," and "Close Window" buttons are not visible when you login for the first time using this mod, you should right-click on the window and choose "Window Settings." Click the "Default Opacities" button until all window elements are visible.
- Added "To:" button functionatity that was implemented in the default UI from Fan Faire feedback.
- Added "ToggleBags" button to the Attachments area on the "Send" tab (by request).
- Brought back the "Close" button to the "Opened Mail" window so it's easier to close. That little "x" in the corner can be hard to hit sometimes...
- Moved the "Forward" and "Reply" buttons in the "Opened Mail" window to the bottom center.
- Updated to include "Help" button that will be implemented with GU47.
- Moved the "Report" button in the "Opened Mail" window so that it wasn't so easily confused with the "Reply" button. It's now far away from any other clickable element in the window!
- Added the current inventory coin to the "Send" tab (by request).
- Moved the "Empty" button on the "Spam" tab to the bottom left corner of the window, away from the tabs and window control buttons.
- Fixed various size and placement issues. Resizing either of the two windows will now give you an aesthetically pleasing (and fully functional) result.
- Fixed an issue in the "OpenedMail" window that would cause the "Receive" button and the coin amount in the "Attachments" area to become misaligned when the window was resized horizontally.
- Initial release.