EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 09-14-2005, 01:29 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost
Default LU 13 JPE Market Search Problem....

I use a modded store window that allows you to select an item you want to sell, hit the 'search' button, and have the game do a search for that item in the market window. (OK, that description seems a bit awkward, but I'm sure you all know what I mean.)

I ran into a problem with LU13, though. Market searches now default to looking only for items usable by your character's class and level. Instead of defaulting to "all classes" and "any level" when the reset button is hit, they default (for example) to "dirge class" and "level 30 or below." Which, of course, makes that search button on the store window essentially useless, since you have to manually change those settings in the market window before you can do a real search for the items you're trying to sell.

Anyone know if it's possible to change the default settings -- the settings that you get when you hit 'reset' -- on the market window?

If it isn't, I sure as hell hope they're changed (or made changeable) by the devs soon.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 09-14-2005, 01:38 PM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

I am using a modded player Store window, and the newest Market update from Jaxel. My search works fine. Yes it does enter a class for the Class slot in the market window, but it DOES display whatever item I am searching for and who/how many are for sale REGUARDLESS of what class item I am searching on.

Tested on a spell that is for Swashbuckler within my inventory I have for sale.

Click Search, the market did put in Necromancer in the class slot, BUT it also displayed every spell like th eone I have for sale that were currently up.

My store window I think is Jaxel Store window as well, will need to verify what store mod I am using, but the Market window is DEFINATELY Jaxel's newest update as of LU13.

Also, the Find Items works as well on the Market window, NO errors from what I can see. (enter key returns the Find Results.)

-dn
Unread 09-14-2005, 07:46 PM
A Griffon

Ok, I take backwhat I posted above.. now I am seeing the same sorta thing as described.. some things do indeed search no problem, but not everything. I am noticing that the default "Class" and Level 0 - 45 default DOES mess up the search!!!

This needs addressed and fixed. Make the default Level 0 -60, Class = Any then the market will search like it used too.
Unread 09-14-2005, 08:50 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechenode
Make the default Level 0 -60, Class = Any....
Precisely.

I'm thrilled that they're making it easier to refine searches, but searches shoudn't be refined by default.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-15-2005, 06:57 AM
A Griffon

I agree, I wonder if there is a way to edit the file itself and have it default to the settings I called out above? Or are the defaults server side?
Unread 09-15-2005, 04:28 PM
A Griffon

Ok messing with the market window. What I need to know, is how can I force MaxLevel text to be = 100 AND the BoxClass to be forced to ANY?

If I knew how to do this, the fix is SIMPLE. Add the commands to the Search button that is in the Store (player sell) Mod and whenever the button is pressed, the defaults will change in the market window from "yourClass" and "Level=MaxLevel" to:

Max Level 100
Class Any

NOW, the search button function will once again work from within the Store (player selling window)

-dn
Unread 09-16-2005, 10:37 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question

no progress on this? has everyone looked at this problem? i only know a little bit about this stuff, and i've gone over the file with a fine-toothed comb. i'm coming up with nada.

surely someone can see what causes it to default to your class/subclass instead of Any? if there's no reason for it in the xml code, then it's hardcoded into the game client, right?
Unread 09-16-2005, 11:29 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I think I might be on to something. Trying to edit the OCD LU13 compliant store window to pass the parameters. If I make headway I'll post more info tomorrow.
Unread 09-17-2005, 10:54 AM
A Mist Grinnin

There, I got it... finally. Took a while to figure out how to pass the parameters right, but here ya go. I'll be posting this on the main downloads section. I started with Jaxel's Quick Search Store window then edited the Search button to pass parameters for Any class and MaxLevel 60 to the market window along with the item name. The only issue I've seen is that the market window still shows your class and level, however it does in fact search Any class and all levels. Since that issue is purely cosmetic I'm not making it a priority fix.

Unfortunately, this didn't fix the problem with searching for crafter books. Since it didn't my guess is this is a Sony problem, not an interface problem and I hope they get off their butts and fix it soon... I need some more advance books!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Valdacil'sQuickSearchStore.zip (4.5 KB, 339 views)
Unread 09-17-2005, 11:13 AM
A Griffon

So my idea is sorta working? COOL! I been messing with it as well, but can;t seem to get the parameters to pass correctly. I am going to look at what you did and see if I can come up with the crafter book book then.

Thanks!!
Unread 09-17-2005, 11:25 AM
A Mist Grinnin

I think the crafter book problem is a Sony problem. I manually configured a search using ONLY the market window and still couldn't come up with any crafter books. Someone said they broke this somewhere between Test Update #13 a and f. So I think they are going to have to fix it. I say we all /bug it every time we log on... the flood of bug reports should get their attention and force them to move it up the priority list ("Squeeky wheel gets the grease" as they say)
Unread 09-17-2005, 11:46 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

A thought....

After looking at Profits hotbutton type icons for manastone etc I see he has used the "do_file_commands" instruction that reads paramaters from a .txt file from the main EQ2 folder! That gave me an idea on how to get mp3 player buttons working correctly for use with CSM..... Could the same principle not be applied to the search boxes?
Unread 09-18-2005, 03:34 AM
A Grove Wisp

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil
There, I got it... finally. Took a while to figure out how to pass the parameters right, but here ya go...
tested and approved! works like a charm!

great work, man. all the sellers out there were going nutz trying to sell things that either wouldn't come up under their class or should have but didn't anyway. it's awesome to have a bypass for this issue!

Mod Powah!
Unread 09-18-2005, 07:17 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

FYI, I encountered and resolved this same issue with my FetishNightfall 4.6 Market and Store windows. Haven't uploaded the stand alone or classic versions, but you should be able to rip the code out of Nightfall.

Note: I also added a custom button for "Any Class & Lvl" that when pressed, sets the class menu to "any" and lvl range to 0-100. Favorites and Search scripts make use of that button.