Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 11-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default EQ2map & EoF

Updates that allow the EoF maps to work with EQ2map have been pushed live to the patcher. You'll also find all the maps on the website and ready for POI's

I am having some issues getting the custom POI's to show up in Gfay so I'll be working to resolve that problem. It might be because SOE changed the maps to their old Hard Coded style. If thats true I wasted a ton of time creating the underlay files. Anyways I'll figure it out. Gfay also has a alot of _0, _1, _3 so that the city map doesnt show up when your on a high hill and that might be messing up the icon files. However I do have the subzone flag in our code to copy the icons to those other mapstyles.

Time to catch some Zzzz's

If your in EoF beta please install EQ2map from the updater and let me know if you find anything weird. Please include as much info as possible. Zone, location, screen shot, what you had for dinner, etc.

Last edited by Dolby : 11-07-2006 at 06:48 AM.
Unread 11-07-2006, 03:41 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

It seems they changed something this morning. The map worked fine before the server went down. After logging back on there is a white backround with original POIs.
Unread 11-08-2006, 05:53 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Beta 1

I have installed EQ2 Maps with the Autoupdater, in the Old zones i have the gold old Maps with Pois, but in the New Zones i see only the Original Maps with the SOE Points ...
Is the Display of the EQ2Map Pois in the New Zones not Integrated or have i make an Failure ?
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:48 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypselon
I have installed EQ2 Maps with the Autoupdater, in the Old zones i have the gold old Maps with Pois, but in the New Zones i see only the Original Maps with the SOE Points ...
Is the Display of the EQ2Map Pois in the New Zones not Integrated or have i make an Failure ?
Those PoI's don't come from nowhere, you will need to submit them first.
Unread 11-10-2006, 05:29 AM
A Sea Turtle

Everday Day i see there loading pois for EOF .. but in the Game i have the Original EOF SOE Maps and Pois ...

any Suggestion ?
Unread 11-10-2006, 05:58 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If you still have none I suppose you installed EQ2MAP in your live server eq2 installation and not the beta folder? Also make sure your beta eq2.ini points to the \UI\EQ2MAP folder.
Unread 11-10-2006, 11:57 AM
A Sea Turtle

On the Old Zones like DoF or KOS the Maps are working perfekt.

Only in the new EOF Zones i have only the Original SOE Maps.
Unread 11-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Thats because the POI overlays are having issues with EoF atm. I think SOE switched the maps to hard coded which means I need to scrap my underlay files and edit something else but before I do that I sent an email to SOE to make sure they are hard coded now.
Unread 11-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
Thats because the POI overlays are having issues with EoF atm. I think SOE switched the maps to hard coded which means I need to scrap my underlay files and edit something else but before I do that I sent an email to SOE to make sure they are hard coded now.
DOH. Now why would they do that.

In my exprience... hard code something to work now and you'll only spend twice the time later changing it to make it dynamic. Hard coding is bad in many cases.
Unread 11-11-2006, 05:29 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Guk

I must be blind, I cannot find where to submit PoI's for EoF, anyoen have a link?
Unread 11-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmoxi
I must be blind, I cannot find where to submit PoI's for EoF, anyoen have a link?
http://maps.eq2interface.com/

----

Also, one map is named "Felwithe." That is no longer the name of the zone, so the map's name shuold be changed to "New Tunaria" to match the current name of the zone. =)
Unread 11-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Ok, looks like they did hard code the maps even though they said they didnt after emailing them. When a map is hard coded I need to make an entry for the icon file in our core_processes.xml to get the icons to overlay on top. Once I did that the icons started working for EoF.

I have pushed the new core_processes.xml to the eq2map updater and will soon make a new static zip for those that cant use the updater.
Unread 11-15-2006, 04:06 AM
A Coastal Crab

may i give suggestion, this is my first post for eq2 map, and i love it, regarding some quest markers or npc in some varied heights, mean some place that you need climb somewhere from ramp like hills or treetops.

this idea would help idenifying some landmark using like * or use + for heights and use - for pits or holes when there is npc or quest tagging occured instead of colored dots and clusters if stack in same areas?

if it is cluster dot, and it would show + or - along with the stacked lists.

maybe throw in ^, <, > if they are on uneven hills or point the direction to reach the access spot?

or possible to get new color if showing where on the hills or in the pits?

i just hope if this help with map and make it easier to noticed what on the map. i may not know how it works, but i am sure you have plenty ideas of your own.
Unread 11-16-2006, 09:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Ui problems with Eof

For some reason now since the patch of Eof I must use /loadui default to play my game. I don't know what the deal is. I have the maps with poi's, but i have no hotbars to use my combat abilities. Once I use the /loadui default I can get my hotbars back, but I loose all my Poi's on my maps. The games calls for me to upgrade my Ui to a compatible version. Anyone else having this problem? Please give me some help. Thanks!
Unread 11-16-2006, 10:43 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Nexus, height is already given in the loc read out for any POI submitted with a full loc
Unread 11-16-2006, 10:48 AM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen

berawl, you have to delte any Custom UI you have installed and either get an updated one or use the default UI.

You can download the EQ2MAPs Auto-Updater after deleting your custom UI stuff and let it be the only mod you use, which will give you your POIs, etc... you want.

All of this has been posted everywhere on this site and is on the main page as well. I'm currently using Profit-UI and EQ2MAPs Auto-Updater with no flaws other than not having 6-wide bags.
Unread 11-16-2006, 11:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have the eq2 mapsauto updater that will update everytime I log in, however I still cannot get the game to play with the eq2 maps since live 29. I cannot figure this one out yet.

Last edited by berawll : 11-16-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Unread 11-16-2006, 02:17 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Butcherblock

seems to work fine for me, only thing I have noticed is I have no text/descriptions when I hover over a POI ?

could that be related more to my custom UI ( vert reborn) even though it has been updated ?

I'll keep updating and see what happens.
Unread 11-17-2006, 11:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok finally got my problem fixed. Sorry for the panic.
Unread 11-17-2006, 11:34 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
Ok, looks like they did hard code the maps even though they said they didnt after emailing them. When a map is hard coded I need to make an entry for the icon file in our core_processes.xml to get the icons to overlay on top. Once I did that the icons started working for EoF.

I have pushed the new core_processes.xml to the eq2map updater and will soon make a new static zip for those that cant use the updater.
Quite a few of the old (non-eof) zones are having issues with the POI dots since EoF was released. there is a thread over in the troubleshooting forum with a list of zones that people have noticed so far

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7007
Unread 11-19-2006, 10:13 AM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by berawll
Ok finally got my problem fixed. Sorry for the panic.
i think many ones would be interessted which solution you did take, for example i got the same problem and couldn't fix it yet.
Unread 11-19-2006, 04:05 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

i dont know if this is related to the POI issues with old world zones, but there are no POIs showing for Kaladim. not even the dots.