EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-13-2008, 04:12 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Everfrost
Unhappy Bank Settings Not Saved

Greetings!

All of my old settings for my boxes (1-8) are just fine but the settings for the new boxes (9-12) are not being saved. I set them up, everything is fine, log out and, when I come back, they are back to a default setting (size 32, 4 spaces across). Also, the shared bank seems to be ok, except for the last box. The eighth one wants to default to size 32, 4 spaces across every time I relog.

I had the new bank and inventory but deleted them anyway and redownloaded. The problem wasn't fixed. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Unread 05-13-2008, 04:30 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

This is not a ProfitUI issue.

Try renaming your uisettings.ini file and see if that fixes it. If that does not help, /bug it.
Unread 05-14-2008, 05:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

I'm having the same issue, and it is quite baffling. I've been experimenting all night with this. I doubt it is a ProfitUI issue, but I'd love to get some ideas on this. It is happening on every single one of my characters. My friends that use Profit are not experiencing this.

Beside personal bank slots 9-12, also shared banks slots 6-8 (shared slot 5 is fine.) Same thing as OP, the size goes back to 32 every time, and their positions won't stay where I want them. Oddly, they don't always return to the default place where they started... sometimes they move somewhere else.

I've tried using the default Profit uisettings file for 1280x1024 (as well as a couple other resolutions.) I've even tried using the SOE default uisettings file (still using the Profit UI, just using Sony's settings file.) Tried placing the bags (boxes actually) in spots on the screen where there are no other windows just in case they were getting moved due to some layer thing... nothing seems to work. Closest I got... I created a new toon, used the default ProfitUI settings file for 1280x1024, made all the changes I wanted (as far as bag/boxes placement), logged out and back in. Only personal bank slot 12 reverted to normal. Everything else stayed the way I put it. I then made one little change to personal bank slot 12 (nothing else), logged out/in, and BOOM, personal bank slots 9-12 and shared bank slots 6-8 went goofy again.

Tried so many other things, I won't bore with all the comboes I've tried.

I've literally been at this for over 6 hours, logging in so many times I've lost count. Must be near 100 times so far. I'm going nuts. Anyone out there have any ideas?

Last edited by Teakken : 05-14-2008 at 05:48 AM.
Unread 05-14-2008, 06:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I am also experiencing this problem and as someone who is slightly OCD it is driving me BONKERS
Unread 05-14-2008, 07:03 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

The client is saving just a fixed amount of window positions. This problem occured in the past and was fixed by raising that limit. I guess it is too low again by now. Best option is to /bug it.
Unread 05-14-2008, 10:35 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Butcherblock

i dont use profitui but i am having the same issues as everyone else. so more than likely it is a code in the game that isnt right
Unread 05-14-2008, 02:17 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Bank Usage - said could not use UI

I have not been able to access my bank with ProfitUI said I must use default settings. Now totally confused is it a game problem or a UI problem
Unread 05-14-2008, 02:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

janosdelaromani, you need to update to the latest ProfitUI version.

There is now a thread on EQ2players.com concerning this issue. A tech support person from SOE repsonded. So they are atleast aware. Whether they will fix it soon, we can only see.

I played around with this for a couple more hours since my last post. I completely removed every ProfitUI file and redownloaded. At the same time, I deleted my character's uisettings file and used the default ProfitUI 1280x1024 file. I opened the boxes one at a time. By moving each one over to the left of the screen after I opened it, then opening the next, it seemed to work better. It seems that any time they started bunching up to the right, those slot's windows would become permanently "ruined" (wouldn't save setting). I would have to delete the character settings file and do it again. By doing this VERY carefully, I was able to get it to only ruin the 12th personal bank slot. Even tho I was very careful with this window also, it still got ruined. Trying it again... backward... I got it to only ruin slot number 9. It still would always ruin atleast one of the windows.

Eh, for now I guess I'll just not use all bank slots. It really annoys me to not have my inventory windows stay where I put them, so I'd rather just not use the one that is ruined.
Unread 05-17-2008, 11:44 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Default Bank bags not saving [SOE problem]

When I open a bank bag and change the arrangement of slots (say from 4x9 to 4x8 +4 at the bottom), and move the bag, it does not "stick" to the next time I log in, even if the window is locked. this happens with the bottom row of shared bags in the bank. I'm not sure this is your problem or an artifact of the merge of the bags of evil and good chars, but it sure is annoying.
Unread 05-17-2008, 12:12 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

This is believed to be a game problem, not a Profit problem. The game has a limit on the number of windows it can save settings for in the UI settings file, and GU45's new bank slots appear to have pushed things over that limit. End result: those bag/box windows don't get their settings saved, and won't until SOE pushes a fix to the game to increase the number of window-setting slots in the UI settings files.
Unread 05-17-2008, 04:02 PM
(^\. ./^)
Premium Member

Server: Splitpaw

Yes, it is a game problem, not Profitui

/bug and /feedback it and one day they may up it again

Unread 05-17-2008, 04:44 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Permafrost

if a bag is right under the target or implied target it can't be used without clicking elsewhere on the bag, if someone has a target/implied target. many moons ago there was an auto-resize thing that tried to fix this, but it never worked properly, because 1/2 the bottom row was always getting clipped off or something.

If you're using 4 and 6 slot bags it can be a headache, because it blocks the first row almost completely if not completely.

Since i usually carry 4 boxes, and my bag of the tinkerers, i just click farther down the bag/box to avoid the issue
Unread 05-18-2008, 09:56 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Test

However..you can cut the problem down and possibly even eliminate it. I had 3 bags that refused to "stick", on advise, I deleted the UI_settings file for one character .. logged in and rebuilt that characters screen/bank/bags.. got it down to just one bag not "sticking". Then used \load_uisettings on the other characters using the newly arranged characters screen as a template. Only 1 bag moves now, others have reported it has completely fixed it for them.

Your mileage may vary.
Unread 05-20-2008, 06:27 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Bank Bag Icon Sizes

I am very frustrated right now with this.

When I go into my bank, I am noticing that some of my bank boxes are not the same size of the others that I have in my bank and/or inventory. How do I get Profit UI to save all of the settings for the boxes I have in my bank so that it won't change some everytime I log in or switch to my main character?

If anyone can help me solve this problem, I would very much appreciate it.
Unread 05-20-2008, 07:05 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

If you read below, you will see that this is NOT a Profit issue, but a game issue. Take it up with Sony.
Unread 05-20-2008, 07:14 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareid View Post
If you read below, you will see that this is NOT a Profit issue, but a game issue. Take it up with Sony.
Thanks, I didn't know there was a topic for this but since my new topic was closed and my post moved here, I do now know that it is an SOE issue. However, I don't know if they will ever get around to fixing it though because I have heard from some of my friends that SOE takes a long time to fix stuff ingame like this.
Unread 05-20-2008, 07:23 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes I consolidated the threads and changed the title to make clear where the problem lies.
Unread 05-20-2008, 11:38 AM
(^\. ./^)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mben2006 View Post
SOE takes a long time to fix stuff ingame like this.
/feedback and /bug it

The more that do, the more reason they have to change it

Unread 05-20-2008, 12:12 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzoo View Post
The more that do, the more reason they have to change it
Right, you have to understand how a company works - all tasks get priorities, so you may have to raise the priority for a supervisor to "allow" a dev to fix an issue.
Unread 05-20-2008, 01:09 PM
(^\. ./^)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
have to raise the priority
I offer free donuts to supervisors regarding this issue..

Unread 05-21-2008, 05:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I finally got my problem fixed. See the thread http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=10998 for a lot of info about what I had tried (and none of that worked).

What did work? Well, I loaded up a character on another computer that doesn't have any mods on it at all, just bare bones EQ2 install. I had no problem saving the bank bags. I then took my char's UI file and copied it to my normal computer. The bags still worked. Because it was SOE's default UI file, I had to do a bunch of moving stuff around so that it looks just like Profit's default 1280x1024 again, but now everything works just fine. I've since even moved and resized all bags just to make sure it would continue to work, and it does.

So, I have a good working file, still using Profit, looks just like what I had pre-GU45 (with additional bank slots however), but had to use SOE's default UIsettings file, not the ones GM9 provides for ProfitUI. No clue where the issue lie, but that fixed my problem with bank slots.
Unread 05-22-2008, 05:01 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No surprises there, that's why I suggested you simply remove your uisettings in post #2 of the thread you linked. Would have been by far the easiest solution.

The reason is what Kaldran posted in the same thread.

PS: Merged that thread into this one as well.
Unread 05-25-2008, 05:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

The point, I believe you are missing, gm9, is that your supplied default ProfitUI uisettings files do not work either. Atleast they did not for me. Not even after I had deleted them and redownloaded the entire ProfitUI. I had tried very early on to use a fresh UIsettins file (that you supply with the ProfitUI.) It wasn't until I'd exhausted everything I could think of with any of my then-current player files or the ones you had provided.

The only settings file that worked is SOE's file. I still don't believe the problem is specific with Profit. I'm guessing SOE made some change that doesn't allow current UIsettings files to work correctly. Maybe they'll fix it in a way that doesn't make people rebuild from scratch using SOE's files, but I think you may need to reconstruct your supplied UIsettings files.
Unread 05-25-2008, 06:42 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No, I'm not missing the point, in fact you are, but I admit the issue is probably not easy to grasp for the user without deep knowledge of the technical background. Therefore you now get the complete (TM) explanation which hopefully answers all your questions or at least confuses you enough that you'll believe me anyway.
  1. Windows that you can in multiple instances on your screen like bags, hotbars or chat windows are created as so called clones of the original window (the .xml file) and get specific identifiers. Settings are saved for each of these specific clones to your uisettings.ini file.
  2. However, as Kaldran mentioned above, there appears to be a limit on how many clones get saved to the uisettings file.
  3. The new bank slots require space in the file for 8 new clones. It appears SOE allowed for exactly that much, not more.
  4. However, in contrast to the default UI, the default ProfitUI uisettings files already comprise settings for a number bag clones in addition to the bags visible in the default UI. The reason for this is that ProfitUI used to "exploit" some mechanisms to be able to show bank bags while not at a bank (this possibility has since been remove/fixed by SOE). Due to the nature of this mechanism the bank bags shown when not at a bank were different clones than the bank bags when you were at the bank, thus getting saved separately in the uisettings file.
  5. Because of the above, the ProfitUI uisettings file is closer to the limit than a defaultUI uisettings file would be.
  6. In view of all the above, I recommended to remove your uisettings file. Not more, not less.
  7. I did not recommend to then load a default ProfitUI uisettings file or to load a default UI uisettings file. Not the former because it would reintroduce the issue, not the latter because it would force you to reposition your windows (which is not necessary except for hotbars if you simply remove the file). Also it is generally a bad idea to use the same uisettings file across different UIs.
  8. Future ProfitUI default settings files will be "cleaned" of the old settings. They need an overhaul anyway, they are not in a good shape at this time for a number of settings.
Any questions left unanswered?

Last edited by gm9 : 05-25-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: added #8
Unread 05-25-2008, 10:31 PM
(^\. ./^)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Any questions left unanswered?
Chocolate or Jam donuts for the supervisors?