EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-14-2007, 12:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Windows off-screen and modifying the browser

I would like to modify two elements:

1) When I examine an item in the broker (spells and CAs are common this way) the subsequent window is at the bottom of the UI, more than half of it off screen, forcing me to drag it up to read all about the item. Quest dialogue windows often do this, too. Is this a setting or a feature, or is there something I can do?

2) I like EQ2i, which is moving to another URL, and google, in game. Any way I can add to and/or modify the browser drop-down to add these sites in?
Unread 08-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

There are many mods that do what you ask.

Look here for your journal needs Othesus made a nice browser mod, you can check it out here. Finlay there are two nice market windows that can be used with out having to install a full set. Zonx's and gm9's, Although they are identical or use to be, its up to u to pick one:P

Great now with all the URL its hard to proof read...
Unread 08-14-2007, 02:58 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Although they are identical or use to be
ROFL, don't remind me of that discussion!

PS: Is that the correct link to Zonx' mod? At least I never had a window that looked remotely like that. I found a newer link here, although that is apparently an alternate.

Last edited by gm9 : 08-14-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Unread 08-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
ROFL, don't remind me of that discussion!

PS: Is that the correct link to Zonx' mod? At least I never had a window that looked remotely like that. I found a newer link here, although that is apparently an alternate.
hehe man there needs to be a devil emoshicon!

Yea I seen that one but after reading the description I didn't think it was it. I didn't really look close at the pic on the other one, just noticed it was elongated so figured it was it.. But after further examination I don't know...
Unread 08-14-2007, 05:01 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmoon View Post
I would like to modify two elements:

1) When I examine an item in the broker (spells and CAs are common this way) the subsequent window is at the bottom of the UI, more than half of it off screen, forcing me to drag it up to read all about the item. Quest dialogue windows often do this, too. Is this a setting or a feature, or is there something I can do?

2) I like EQ2i, which is moving to another URL, and google, in game. Any way I can add to and/or modify the browser drop-down to add these sites in?
1) Examine windows should remember where you put them. They should all pop up in the last place you put them.

2) For the Fetish browser the bookmarks are in the _Fetish_HTML_bookmarks.xml file.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:20 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos
Default Examine Window Placement

Madmoon: That happens to me too.

For me, it seems to be the pop-up you get when you complete a quest or a collection that is most likely to be "hanging off the screen".

The pop-up appears on the bottom of the screen, near the center, and is about 50% on and 50% off. I drag it back onto the screen to read it, but it still continues to happen.

I wonder if it is the size of the window? Ie., the system remembers the location of the upper-left corner of the window but does not compensate for long vrs short windows?

Ah, well.
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:43 AM
A Griffon

"Examine windows should remember where you put them. They should all pop up in the last place you put them."

I wish this were true. There are many windows in Fetish that just don't remember their locations. I'm not sure if this is a Fetish issue or an overall SOE issue though. Here are a few examples:

1. Inspect window now displays onscreen by default, which it hadn't up until recently. However, despite it being movable and lockable it will only retain it's position & lock status until you log then it's back to it's default location and unlocked.

2. Claim window does the same thing. Whenever you log in it will always be back to it's default size, postition and lock status.

3. Quest window Splitter doesn't retain it's position between log-ins.

4. Examine windows (Items & Spells / Combat Arts) are the biggest issue since these love to go off-screen. The retaining of position works well for the first 5 but not so well after that. You can position an examine window to be alligned with the botton of the screen and it will end up off-screen the next time it's opened.

Furthermore, the Window settings for Item Examine windows are not present. There is no button for them and when you select that Window option from the right click menu it doesn't do anything. Same with the Lock option. Meaning that the Item Examine windows can't have their windows options changed nor can they be locked.

This is somewhat the same with Spell Examine windows. You get a Windows setting button and the right click option works but it will only retain the settings until you log. This includes lock status.

Don't get me wrong...I love Fetish...and most of these issues probably aren't with the UI but with SOE instead. Hopefully they can be looked into and then everything can be PERFECT
Unread 08-15-2007, 10:14 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Windows not remembering their locations may be an issue with your uisettings.ini file, at least for my UI that was one of the reasons with the disappearing bottom bar.

Except for bags occasionally moving around when switching resolutions I do not think I ever had something move off screen, though. My examine windows always stay put.

If you continue to have issues with windows getting lost, however, and it is not your uisettings.ini, you can probably just add an OnShow code to the first line (the page tag) of your windows to repositions them when they get openend, e.g. OnShow="Location=0,0" to put them in the upper left corner.
Unread 08-15-2007, 11:33 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Ok lemme try to address all the issues brought up here.

1) Examine window - where they appear and if they are saved is primarily a SOE issue, you'll have the same problems with the default UI. Each instance of the Examine window is a clone of the original. SOE seams to like to tile these clones to prevent overlap but does a poor job of handeling the variable height, so they may extend off the bottom of the screen.

If you move a clone, its position should save. Sometimes it doesn't if its overlapping another clone or if your settings file is corupted.

Switching between default and custom sets without trashing your uisettings can result in windows being off screen since their saved position is relative to the set you were using when they were saved. I've provided a tool (Locator) to help with most windows but it can't address clone instances. If you have clones stuck off screen, you will probably need to trash your uisettings file and reposition everything from scratch. You may also be able to recover the windows by doing the following...

A) Log out
B) rename your eq2.ini to bk_eq2.ini
C) Log in. You should see the default UI.
B) examine a buncha stuff and move any windows near the right and bottom edges to the upper left corner of your screen.
D) Wait 1 min then log out.
E) Now renamed bk_eq2.ini to eq2.ini.

When you log back in, the off screen windows should now be visible.

2) Fetish 9.0 has been updated with the new EQ2i URL for all ClickBrowse buttons. Bookmarks can be easily edited by openeing _Fetish_HTML_bookmarks.xml in Notepad.

3) The inspect window should not be showing by default. If it is, your uisettings file is probably corupted.

4) Claim and Journal Splitters - Yep these don't save. Its a SOE issue, /bug it if it annoys you.

5) Lack of window settings for various clones is a SOE issue.
Unread 08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can also recover windows by editing your uisettings file. You can either use a Hex Editor and reset the location of that window as I explained in this thread or just reset the entire data for that window by opening the file in notepad and finding and changing the window's name. I.e. if you lost the inventory window search for "Inventory" and change it to "Xnventory", for example (needs to be the same number of characters, though). Of course Landiin's UIsettingsSpy allows you to do both to edit or to delete the window, which is probably the easiest option.
Unread 08-15-2007, 01:13 PM
A Griffon

Yep...just as I would have expected...it's an SOE issue. I thought that I remembered the default UI having the same issues but I wasn't sure.

TIP: one workaround that has worked well for me is to use /load_uisettings and reload that characters UI right after the problem occurs. Usually the newly positioned windows aren't saved in the UI settings ini file right away so chances are that your current ini file will correct the issue once it's reloaded.