EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 06-17-2008, 04:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost
Default Chat tabs on bottom issue

Greetings and thank you for your work on this wonderful interface, I for one, appreciate all your work and effort.

I use the auto updating version of your UI and noticed the update to the bottom chat tab variant to address the login AFK issue. I did not have that issue prior to the change, after the update, I now login and appear AFK. Deleting the uisettings file only fixes the problem temporarily, camping and relogging reintroduces the bug.

I reverted back to my old installation and have the file ignored now, so my problem is resolved but do you have any suggestions or ideas as to what might be going on?
Unread 06-17-2008, 04:35 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Talk about unintended consequences. I just downloaded the updated file myself from the updater and it looks ok to me. I'll take a second look after I get home from work. However, the fact that you did not have the issue before is strange, the old file definitively had that problem - maybe you have another window that sets you AFK and the broken chat window used to reset that. Are you using any other variants? Maybe I broke another one as well...
Unread 06-17-2008, 01:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

When I login the AFK flag cycles 3 times, that is, while the UI and zone are loading, I see that I am afk, then no longer afk. It repeats 2 times and I always end up not AFK. That behavior has been consistent.

After yesterdays fix, I would login and it would cycle 1 time but instead wouild appear AFK after UI and zone loads.

Not sure if that's clear, I read it and it makes sense to me. I can take screenshots if that helps.

I'm not using any variants and I do not have any files excluded. For what it's worth, I built my template after loading your default 1280x1024 file. Only real difference is I added a 2nd chat window, but since nothing outside the main chat window gets logged, I don't think that would impact anything.
Unread 06-17-2008, 02:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Here are some screenshots.

PrePatch

PostPatch

Last edited by brokenbuga : 06-17-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Unread 06-17-2008, 02:41 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks for the shots. I'm pretty sure I've never seen that one when I was playing. Will be fun to track down.
Unread 06-17-2008, 05:10 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

here is an idea...
Could you have the auto afk switch turned on?? I dont recall where it is (I am not logged in at the moment). And it must be set to on by default cause I dont recall turning it on. I noticed this auto afk while tradeskilling. If you dont move for a certain period of time, it will bring up afk. You can twist and turn, afk will turn off, but then immediately turn back on again. The only way to clear it is to physically move forward or backward. Even hitting the afk button will only briefly toggle it.

Now, I can see this scenario while tradeskilling because you dont move, but while logging in?? Does it take you a long time to zone???
Unread 06-18-2008, 12:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

sorinth: The auto afk flag (Options -> Controls -> Keyboard Settings) is not selected.

gm9: I am going to rebuild my template file, I'm a bit obsessive like that. Here is a bit more info if it helps you track down the bug.

I just did a clean install (deleted ProfitUI folder, removed all uisettings files, and all custom Profit UI ones for kicks) and verified that the default UI worked. Everything normal at that point. I then installed Profit using the updater using default installation options. Verified no variants were checked, no files ignored. Logged into EQ and everything worked fine.

At this point I set the chat window to display the tabs on bottom. I logged back in and verified everything works fine.

As long as I do not install a pre-built template, the AFK flag is never triggered. However, if I install either the 1024x768 build or the 1280x1024 build, the AFK flag toggles on then off. Net result is that I am not AFK, but something in the those files is triggering the flag. I do not have another display at my disposal, so I can not test the other resolutions.
Unread 06-18-2008, 02:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh, interesting, thanks a lot for following up on this, I'd never have even looked in that direction. I can't currently see what may be wrong with the file but I'll probably just rebuild them from the ground up one of these days, there are some transparency issues with them anyway.
Unread 06-18-2008, 06:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I would suspect there is nothing wrong with the files either, the more I fiddle the more I think it's just the awful interface SoE implemented.

Other things that I have seen that triggers the AFK flag, opening a new chat window, moving tabs from one window to another. Also interesting, once that AFK cycle flag has been tripped, it appears to be permanent.

Back to the old version, since having two chat windows is a must and I have not found a way to have two windows without logging in afk.

On a humorous note, I read in another thread about you having it easy with this last game update having no UI changes.... I assure you I'm not trying to bring you grief for taking a month off.
Unread 02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Chat window with tabs on bottom

when I use this variant and logon I get a

you are afk
you are no longer afk

about 5 times while loading. I noticed the file inside the zip is 11-18-08 not sure if any changes came after that date that would cause that window to do that.
Unread 02-18-2009, 02:33 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowaubeth View Post
when I use this variant and logon I get a

you are afk
you are no longer afk

about 5 times while loading. I noticed the file inside the zip is 11-18-08 not sure if any changes came after that date that would cause that window to do that.
Merging you into this old thread. That's still all I know about the issue. I haven't yet rebuilt the default uisettings.ini files...