EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 04-13-2010, 11:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Installed but regular maps showing

Installed Automated EQ2 Maps: Installed into Everquest II\UI\EQ2Map\
Three subdirectories in that directory: eq2map2, images and POI. along with two files eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml and eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml

EQ2.ini file in the Everquest II directory:

cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Run EQ2, Map is the standard EQ2 map not the EQ2Maps with numerous POIs.

What am I doing wrong here?
Unread 04-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

99% chance that EQ2MAP is installed onto a different copy of EQ2 then you are actually using to play. Verify that the paths in the EQ2MAP updater (options button) match the path in the shortcut that you use to launch EQ2.
Unread 04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Installed Map program to::\Program Files (x86)/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuestII/UI

Of course Target for the EQ2 Icon is different: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Station Launcher\StationLauncher.exe" --game EQ2. But assuming that irrelevent since it is basically just launching Station Manager to get to EQ2

Icon Properties shows: Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II"

In Updater under Everquest 2 shows:C:\Program Files (x86)/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuestII

In Autolaunch EQ2 shows: :\Program Files (x86)/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuestII\eq2.exe

Should First line show eq2.exe also? Can't seem to get it to do that.

The reason I originally showed what was in the MP2MAPS directory is that in the original install directions it says that there should not be a subdirectory under the Everquest II\UI\bobsui\ (bobsui name used in instructions) but the autoprogram puts a subdirectory in there as you can see from my original post. Is this a problem or was the program just changed? Tried removing the subdirectory and having the xml files directly under the UI\bobsui but that didnt work either.

Really loved this program on my other computer. Am totally confused why I cant get it to work here.

Thanks for any help available
Unread 04-14-2010, 10:22 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

If you are using Windows 7 64-bit, check and make sure that windows did not install EQ2 to the 'Program Data' directory (which is a hidden Directory). That is where my EQ2 got installed.
Unread 04-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Hmm, if that is where it is actually installed (which may be the case for the station launcher -- that is the one launcher I do not currently use) then you should be seeing the maps.

The easy way to check is to do this: run the EQ2MAP updater, making sure it gives no errors (ie you're running it as an admin). Then, go directly to that folder and launch Everquest2.exe -- if that gives you an error about the client version being wrong, then launch EQ2.exe from that folder and log in that way. But the station launcher shouldn't be installing EQ2 into program files anymore, unless you started using it back when it was in Beta (ie before the changed the behavior). If you run EQ2.exe or everquest2.exe (which is the actual game executable, it skips the patcher) and see the map POIs, then you know it's a different install.
Unread 04-14-2010, 12:12 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You should be able to start station launcher, go to options->preferences, select Everquest II and click on "Change Install Location". Don't change it, just note the path.
Unread 04-14-2010, 04:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Both going through EQ2Maps Launch and going to EQ2.exe in the directory I thought i was launching from gets me to "Shadows Odessey screen, then log in screen that cannot find server.

Sounds like that is the problem.... how do I correct it.

Install location in Station Manager shows the directory I using

Thanks

Last edited by Waulfa : 04-14-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Unread 04-15-2010, 05:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okay, I've tried everything mentioned here.

(BTW, install in Vista not Windows 7)

Made sure only one setup of EQ2. checked the eq2.ini. Made sure EQ2maps updater has correct paths. Am Administrator on both programs.

But still no EQ2maps POIs

Back to original question really:

is this the way the UI is supposed to look?

Installed Automated EQ2 Maps: Installed into Everquest II\UI\EQ2Map\
Three subdirectories in that directory: eq2map2, images and POI. along with two files eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml and eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml

Other then that I'm stumped.

Went directly to that folder and launch Everquest2.exe. It launches the Shadow Odessey Screen, not the Sentinel's Fate Screen. Wondering if this could be part of the problem? Not sure how this works with Station Manager.

Any other ideas out there?
Unread 04-15-2010, 06:05 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waulfa View Post
Both going through EQ2Maps Launch and going to EQ2.exe in the directory I thought i was launching from gets me to "Shadows Odessey screen, then log in screen that cannot find server.

Sounds like that is the problem.... how do I correct it.

Install location in Station Manager shows the directory I using
You need to find the path to EQ2 from whatever icon/launcher you normally use to successfully start the game. It sounds like the ones above are some other installation? Of course you always have the option to patch that installation up to the current expansion and play from that one in the future.
Unread 04-15-2010, 08:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okay...now evenmore confused:

Using Everquest Icon to start game:

Target Location of Everquest Icon: Station Launcher:

Target Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Station Launcher\StationLauncher.exe" --game EQ2

Start In: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II"

EQ2Mapupdater Options:

Everquest 2: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II

Autolaunch EQ2: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Station Launcher\StationLauncher.exe

(originally had it as: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\EverQuest2.exe but that didn't work either)

UI Directory: EQ2MAP

EQ2MAP Folder is in:C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\UI Folder (along with Default and Fonts folders)

EQ2MAP Directory contains: eq2map2 folder, images folder, poi folder, eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml, eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml

Executable file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II is Everquest2.exe (note in EQ2map Updater example it is EQ2.exe but assume that is an old screen shot)

Does this help at all?

Last edited by Waulfa : 04-15-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Unread 04-15-2010, 09:12 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The paths all look consistent, I was just going off the fact that you said actually launching eq2 from that path provides you with the splash screen for the old expansion, indicating that this is not your usual game install.

But to backtrack quite a bit and assuming everything is actually installed correctly, are you sure your EQ2MAP is not working? If you have a series of buttons other than "Find" and "Clear" next to the search field on your map window then your EQ2MAP is actually fine.
Unread 04-15-2010, 09:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okay... Figured it out.. or actually someone in a previous post figured it out and I just didnt catch it.

For some reason the game installed into two Directories: c:\ Program files (x86) and c:\Program Data.

Deleted EQ2map info from Program Files (x86) installed it into Prgram Data and vola...works perfect.

My next question is... can I delete all the EQ files in Program Files (x86) or are they also needed there for some reason?

Weird, very weird
Unread 04-15-2010, 09:28 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can delete the other installation.
Unread 04-15-2010, 10:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help here. Great Forum. No way I would have figured out that there was a hidden folder that the game installed a duplicate installation into by myself.

So great having EQ2Maps again....really didnt feel like playing EQ2 without it.

Thanks again

Waulfa