EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 02-05-2008, 05:37 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2 Maps causing game to crash

After eq2 maps downloaded map updates, its been causing the game to crash at the start up screen.. I've deleted the updater and the eq2 maps files out of the UI and still no go. did get further into the start up process though.. I just took out the entire UI file and redownloading it now.. I've talked to a few others with the same problem already this morning. Any help will be greatfull. thanks
Unread 02-05-2008, 05:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Ditto

I had the same problem. I just flat-out removed the UI folder, it reloaded the files, and away I was. Went pack to see what changes were made to the UI folder and it didn't even re-create it. (Note that TestServer ran fine before I tried removing the UI folder.)

So I created the UI folder myself and repatched again as I noticed sometimes it has a hard time patching to folders it has to create itself. Still nothing. As far as it's concerned, it doesn't need one :P

I was using FetishNightfall for a UI when this problem occured. The only thing unusal I could think of is that I patched both my maps and the game at the same time since it's been forever since I logged in.
Unread 02-05-2008, 05:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Update

Reinstalled Fetish Nightfall in the UI folder and ran the client again. Launched just fine. Going to reinstall EQ2Maps and see if the lastest version makes a difference.
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:03 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen

You can leave all your files as is, just move the eq2.ini file out of the Everquest2 Directory and EQ2 will start up fine. Well, it did for me at least, when I put the EQ2.ini file back in it wouldn't start up again.

Not sure what EQ2maps did, but it isn't working.
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Argh

I installed and updated EQ2Map version 1.0.16. Same problem reoccurs. As far as I can find, there's no newer version or anything so I'm assuming it's a recent update/map(s) itself? If so, there's not a whole lot one can do except stop using EQ2Maps until the issue is resolved with a new update.
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:18 AM
A Forest Scavenger

thanks for the help ash.
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Update and it should be fixed. sorry for the trouble.
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nektulos
Default eq2.ini

Thanks for the info azuresky. I renamed eq2.ini to eq2.old and can get into EQ2 now.
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Woot!

Your update did it, thanks!
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nektulos
Default eq2maps issue still

I can get into EQ2 now but no dots on map now. I have quit to desktop and run the eq2map updater again and still no change. I noticed that eq2.ini got recreated and is the same as the one I renamed to old. I reinstalled eq2maps also and still no dots. I have exited eq2 to desktop and logged back in as different alts and still no dots. Is eq2maps working for the rest of you now?

EDIT
I moved my toon into a different area and I saw dots on my map. Went back to where I was before and I still have dots so just needed to move to another area so the map would refresh.

Last edited by quickblade : 02-05-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:46 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickblade View Post
I can get into EQ2 now but no dots on map now. I have quit to desktop and run the eq2map updater again and still no change.
im have this issue as well useing profit UI if this makes any differance
ok i rezoned from butcherblock to sinking sands and got dots ect rezoned back to butcher block no dots guess they broken?

Last edited by Ixoa : 02-05-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Unread 02-05-2008, 07:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Sorry about this, the crash was my fault (as are the BBM icons, it's a typo, will be fixed soon). I made some major edits to all zones to fix the missing POI problem. Regarding the crash this is what I posted in the EQ2MAP team forum, just for the benefit of others here's the info (will probably only make sense to modders and even then it's strange):

The crash
What caused the crash was me adding Parent.Parent.Parent.QM_Process.Activated=true to the OnHide of every page in core_underlay.xml.

The reason
I'm not entirely sure about this. It's something about the number of the statement above that I added. If you reduce the number - it does not matter from which pages you remove it - it won't crash. It's not a size issue though, if you replace the statement by other characters of the same amount of bytes it will not crash... It's possible something about the initial parsing of the xml tree causing some race condition.

The workaround
As always: Indirection. I added this button

<Button Name="CP" OnPress="Parent.Parent.Parent.QM_Process.Activated=true" />

and call this from the OnHide of all pages.

(the workaround still has to go live)
Unread 02-05-2008, 08:12 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Cheers GM9 for the info on the dots and well good luck with fixing the POI's which we will all benefit from once its done im sure and well theres bound to be hicups along the way,but thanks also to Dolby for the speedy fix
Unread 02-05-2008, 12:59 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen

Thank you for such an awesome add on and getting it all fixed back up. hehe