EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 02-08-2005, 11:01 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia
Default INI copier like in EQ1

When I play EQ1 there was a wonderful little program someone made that allowed you to take one .ini file and copy it as other character.ini files for ease of porting custom UI settings to all characters you have on any server/account. The program was GIC.exe or something like that.

I was wondering, has anyone attempted such a prog for EQ2? If not, please someone make this!
Unread 02-08-2005, 11:49 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Uh... you can do this by hand in a matter of seconds. I don't see why you would wanna waste time looking for a program to do it for ya.
Unread 02-09-2005, 09:36 PM
A Griffon

Try renaming 12 character names by hand everytime you change an item in the UI...it takes MORE than "a couple of seconds" as you stated in the non constructive reply. SO IMO, it would not be a waste of TIME asking for such a program. EQ1 someone made such a prog and was hoping someone would for EQ2.
Unread 02-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

As low-tech as it may sound, I would recommend writing a batch file.

Create a new text file. Enter the following:

Code:
@ECHO OFF
ECHO Beginning character copy...
copy SOURCESERVER_SOURCECHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini DESTINATIONSERVER1_DESTINATIONCHARACTER1_eq2_uisettings.ini
copy SOURCESERVER_SOURCECHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini DESTINATIONSERVER2_DESTINATIONCHARACTER2_eq2_uisettings.ini
copy SOURCESERVER_SOURCECHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini DESTINATIONSERVER3_DESTINATIONCHARACTER3_eq2_uisettings.ini
copy SOURCESERVER_SOURCECHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini DESTINATIONSERVER4_DESTINATIONCHARACTER4_eq2_uisettings.ini
copy SOURCESERVER_SOURCECHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini DESTINATIONSERVER5_DESTINATIONCHARACTER5_eq2_uisettings.ini
copy SOURCESERVER_SOURCECHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini DESTINATIONSERVER6_DESTINATIONCHARACTER6_eq2_uisettings.ini
copy SOURCESERVER_SOURCECHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini DESTINATIONSERVER7_DESTINATIONCHARACTER7_eq2_uisettings.ini
copy SOURCESERVER_SOURCECHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini DESTINATIONSERVER8_DESTINATIONCHARACTER8_eq2_uisettings.ini
copy SOURCESERVER_SOURCECHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini DESTINATIONSERVER9_DESTINATIONCHARACTER9_eq2_uisettings.ini
copy SOURCESERVER_SOURCECHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini DESTINATIONSERVER10_DESTINATIONCHARACTER10_eq2_uisettings.ini
copy SOURCESERVER_SOURCECHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini DESTINATIONSERVER11_DESTINATIONCHARACTER11_eq2_uisettings.ini
copy SOURCESERVER_SOURCECHARACTER_eq2_uisettings.ini DESTINATIONSERVER12_DESTINATIONCHARACTER12_eq2_uisettings.ini
ECHO Character copy complete.
Replace SOURCESERVER and SOURCECHARACTER with the info of the character whose UI settings you want to copy. Replace DESTINATIONSERVER# and DESTINATIONCHARACTER# with the character information for the character you want to copy the UI to.
Unread 02-10-2005, 01:59 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechenode
Try renaming 12 character names by hand everytime you change an item in the UI...it takes MORE than "a couple of seconds" as you stated in the non constructive reply. SO IMO, it would not be a waste of TIME asking for such a program. EQ1 someone made such a prog and was hoping someone would for EQ2.
How are people getting more than 8 characters? You can copy the contents of one file over the contents of another file. Seconds.
Unread 02-10-2005, 02:04 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
How are people getting more than 8 characters? You can copy the contents of one file over the contents of another file. Seconds.
Multiple accounts. It's probably not as bad yet in EQ2 as it was with EQ1, but some people owned as many as 6 accounts so they could man their own full group at all times.

Quib
Unread 02-10-2005, 02:21 AM
A Griffon

Drumstix, it was not just a matter of copy a file over another. Each character is represented by a unigue file name to that char. You have to manually copy the .ini file x number times, then go back and rename EACH one. That is time consuming.

Anywho: Thanks ger, I took your advice, and it works to my needs.
Unread 02-10-2005, 12:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
Multiple accounts. It's probably not as bad yet in EQ2 as it was with EQ1, but some people owned as many as 6 accounts so they could man their own full group at all times.

Quib
If people 6-box in EQ2, I'll cry.... flat out fall down and cry.