EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 01-09-2011, 11:39 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Scripting Questions

After spending a couple weeks toying with this UI, i'm pretty much ready to say 'Frak Off'. So before i do, i have a few questions:

1. How do you do math with strings, that contain non-numeric chars?
28.5% - 3.5 % = 0
I know i can convert to an int() but i want to work with decimals.

2. How do you do string compares?
localtext="-1"
valid = localtext == '-1' ? true : false gives false.

3. Where is the dynamicdatafilter="0010" stored? This would supercede #1, since i i can just extract the value.
DynamicData="/GameData.Self.TradeskillExperienceCurrent" DynamicDataFilter="0010" gives nothing.

4. Has anyone made any headway extracting tradeskill information for Tinkering/Adorning?
From root it's Persona.MainPage.Skills.SkillTabPages.InnerPage.Tradeskill.Frame.TradeskillCompo site.CategoryTemplate.Composite.931275816 is the path to the status.localtext, as given by the UI itself (i found this by printing every parent.name up from the Adorning element in Skills), but trying to access that path gives a missing element.
Tinkering is 1038997614 along the same path.

5. And finally, does anyone at SoE still even read these boards? What happened to Rothgar and all the work that was going to be done towards Lua implementation, or even giving the tools to do basic s#!t with this UI?

----

Forgot a question:

6. Why does this work? /alias z:camp
does this not work? /alias uis:do_file_commands ui_save.txt

.Regards

Last edited by DaemonSambe : 01-10-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Unread 01-10-2011, 02:40 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
1. How do you do math with strings, that contain non-numeric chars?
28.5% - 3.5 % = 0
I know i can convert to an int() but i want to work with decimals.
No good way. You can be crazy and write an algorithm to create a number that matches the string but I can't say it would be worth it.
Quote:
2. How do you do string compares?
localtext="-1"
valid = localtext == '-1' ? true : false gives false.
I think you're doing too many operations on a single line. The ? conditional must be used with a preexisting boolean, not one calculated on that line.

Even if it could support more, the right to left parsing of the full operation would mess it up. What your example, I'm guessing, would do is look at '-1', determines it is not true, so assigns false to the left, then looks at the equality of localtext and the previously calculated false; they are not equal so false is assigned to valid.

VALID=LocalText=='-1' (should be sufficient to calculate your example)
Quote:
3. Where is the dynamicdatafilter="0010" stored? This would supercede #1, since i i can just extract the value.
DynamicData="/GameData.Self.TradeskillExperienceCurrent" DynamicDataFilter="0010" gives nothing.
Filtering doesn't change the data that is given. If the data is given and you cause filtering to exclude it, it simply won't update. Your data seems to be a Text type, so you can either use it or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the 0x8 0x10 0x20 bitflags do absolutely nothing, as all of those are just put in the Text/LocalText properties.
Quote:
5. And finally, does anyone at SoE still even read these boards? What happened to Rothgar and all the work that was going to be done towards Lua implementation, or even giving the tools to do basic s#!t with this UI?
Rothgar was promoted or something, so I guess he has bigger fish to fry than be friendly on a 3rd party fan site. Reading and posting are different things, though.
Unread 01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Rothgar still posts on here from time to time, but he is the game's lead programmer so you can imagine his time to do that is probably quite limited, especially now around DoV. He never really posted that much here to start, if you really want to get in contact with him the official boards have a lot better chance of him seeing it.

Last I've heard Lua was still on that list of things they'd love to do but have to find time for. It's always been something they want to do but have no schedule for, so the fact is hasn't shown up should not be a surprise. Lua support is probably not going to be an easy thing for them to get done, both in terms of working it in with the existing game and in terms of SOE's desire to try to keep the UI somewhat more locked down.

I'd suggest giving him a PM on the official boards a bit after DoV goes live if you want to check in and see if Lua is still on the 'to do' list.
Unread 01-10-2011, 03:28 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I honestly think they're just too lightly staffed anymore. Their team has always seemed to be shrinking over the last couple years. They still do a lot, but real UI development seems to be way on the back burner even when it's not around Expansion release time... or the next Game Update... or it's the holidays... or it's summer... or it's a Thurdsay and the temperature is below normal.
Unread 01-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

LOL Drums......
Unread 01-10-2011, 05:04 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I forgot to include switching lead producers. Not that this ever happens with this game

/end offtopicness