EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 10-08-2006, 08:59 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Blackburrow
Post Exact values given in HP/MP/EXP bars

I've seen alot of mods that are very well done, even a few where it gives a readout of things like the HP bar / Power/MP bar and EXP bar with a percentage with decimals. What I'd really like to see is one that gives the values as an exact value as it's kind of annoying sometimes when I always see a MOB having 100% Health when I target it, and am like 100% of what exactly? So it would be nice to see the exact values of things instead of just a percent, for example if a mob has 15000 HP I'd like to see that instead of 100% and if you got that mob down to 50% it would say 7500 instead and sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one that would sometimes prefer a real number and not always a percent of something.

I was thinking think something like HP: Percentage (Exact Value) would be a good idea for a mod, or maybe a way to toggle between the percent and exact value.

I'm not sure if the percentage thing is hard coded in the client though, but I've never heard anything about it so I don't know.
Unread 10-08-2006, 09:15 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

The actual number data is not exposed on the client end. All there is is the percentages. Sorry.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 10-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yep.

For HP and Power -- they don't give us those numbers at all. HP can be approximated using parsing of damage in vs. when mob dies (for mobs with low hp vs high damage spells in its wildly inaccurate, for mobs with say 500k - millions of HP, it gets much more accurate). There is NO way of even guessing power... MOBS don't use the same spells that adventurers use. Some spells they do use that are 'ours' but they also tend to have a variety of other things, and I'm almost certain the actual power that it requires scales to the mob.

For XP... they never have and never will give us exact XP values. The Devs have pretty much said that from the start.