EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 11-11-2006, 07:44 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default new iconbank bags resized, last row is missing

i resized the new iconbank bags to a iconsize of 34 and now it strips the last row. i kept the same ratio between iconbank and frame as the original 42 iconsize, just resized it to fit 34 + paddings. any idea how this happened?
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml (3.7 KB, 444 views)
Unread 11-11-2006, 11:04 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Try setting the bag window to resizable = true and then see what happens in game, My 20 slot bags were the size of 4 slot ones before I did that...

Thats not a fix to your window but it might just shed some light on its behaviour

Anyways this new bag idea seem's like a real pita, all the old problems seem to be back again at least for me anyway... Not remembering size and position even from one open / close from another lol ,nevermind camping

Attached is what I have been working on...

Maybe if there is a way to get the window to "Snap to size" same as the hotkey window does that would solve the problem?

Anyone got any ideas on how to do that?

Or even got a new bag mod that actualy does what its told
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml (3.5 KB, 260 views)
Unread 11-11-2006, 11:21 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

ok, now it works as intented. guess it's very fragile if some ratios aren't fit exactly to the pixel.

what i did has been calculating the size of the iconbank for 34x34 pixels and then using the uibuilder to incrementally reduce the page's size since the the iconbank has it's target size of 139x314.

i fiddled around with setting is to resizable, but while it works very nice ingame and the windows location is stored correctly, the size is not.

attached my working 34x34 bags.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml (3.7 KB, 303 views)
Unread 11-11-2006, 11:41 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I posted how it works somewhere else here (beta forum here I think), there seems to be no way currently to save the size. Setting it "OnShow" by grabbing it from the IconBank didn't seem to work either unfortunately.
Unread 11-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

The game add approximately 30 pixels to the bags Height. So make the bag window approximately 30 pixels smaller then the iconbank and all will be fine. It worked for my bags any way.

I would also assume you would have to adjust for the icon size you set. /shrug

Last edited by Landiin : 11-11-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Unread 11-11-2006, 02:05 PM
A Griffon

Interesting idea Landiin mate, I can see where your coming from with that...... Didnt work for me likes hehe ... They stay fine horizontal (as stated) but soon as you resize it to have say 2 rows or more it dont stick.. I even tried to stick in a VolumeFill property to the iconbank it didnt crash and didnt make any damn difference either lol

I can see this is going to be loads of fun if they add this nasty iconbank thingy to the Effects and Maintained windows ... Surely they wouldnt do that to me? would they?
Unread 11-12-2006, 05:44 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Maybe try adding a Max size to the iconbank, then fiddle with the size of the bag window and see if it pushes it out to it's normal size. Or maybe I'm just not understanding the issue at had.

Oh how nice it would be to have Height and width properties lol.
Unread 11-12-2006, 08:20 AM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

My bags mod seemed to work with no glitch at all. I just calculated the size based on 32x32 and added +2 for the bag spacing per slot. My bags are set at 4x36 and seem to work with no problems. Default icon size was 42, so I took the 42 and divided by the 32+2 (for my size icons) and with that ratio, set the max size parameter 4xRatio by 9xRatio. It works!

Last edited by depechenode : 11-12-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Unread 11-12-2006, 08:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Unless I misunderstood before, the problem is making resizable bags because these do not "snap" to the correct vertical size (only horizontal size seems to save). I had no trouble either making fixed size bags.
Unread 11-12-2006, 11:43 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Unless I misunderstood before, the problem is making resizable bags because these do not "snap" to the correct vertical size (only horizontal size seems to save). I had no trouble either making fixed size bags.
Yeh basicly thats it, Fixed size one's is ok, It was resizable I was trying to get working
Unread 11-12-2006, 11:49 AM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

Is there any way of ridding these awful shortcut overlays? Or did they hardcode it so the numbers/alt/ctrl crap always are on now?
Unread 11-12-2006, 12:28 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

just remove the Font parameter or set it to something not existant.
Unread 11-12-2006, 01:30 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Right, but note that the remaining charges display gets lost that way as well. I /feedbacked asking for parameters to turn them off directly, alternatively have a global option.
Unread 11-15-2006, 05:37 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Thx thorvang, thats the best bag mod you can find here atm. Is it possible to make the title font 50% smaller?
Thx
Rass
Unread 11-15-2006, 06:52 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

A dev on the beta boards said a 4x8 layout would be needed and to of course resize the container size to accomodate the icon size of the bag slots that you select.

Beta boards are down now, so to late to copy any of that information here it seems.

I can't deal with using a 4x8 layout so set mine to 6xwhatever like they were before.

I set them this way when first getting into beta and they have done fine except for the 36slots. (They get an extra blank row at the bottom)

I just don't have the time to play with this stuff on our side blindly without knowing what restrictions are being forced dataside anymore.
Only a modder understands just how much time is spent trying to reverse engineer items blindly in an attempt to make them work the way they should have to begin with.
Kudos to all of you for hanging in there.
It's obvious the player/user community appreciates it all VERY much!

Most of my changed mods for GU/LU29 are here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6901
Please take any of them and improve upon them if you wish.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-15-2006, 07:54 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
I just don't have the time to play with this stuff on our side blindly without knowing what restrictions are being forced dataside anymore.
Only a modder understands just how much time is spent trying to reverse engineer items blindly in an attempt to make them work the way they should have to begin with.
Kudos to all of you for hanging in there.
I hear you. I have been having the same thoughts while working to get this update out (and it really felt like work this time) and dealing with all the hardcoding and bugs left and right. I never really had the time for all this anyway.

Not sure what I will do yet, but just wanted to say that I entirely understand your decision. Always sad to see one of the top people go, but kudos have to go to you for having done this for so long! I know many that swear by your mods.

Here is one for the way: