EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 10-26-2013, 04:04 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default ToV persona window

I'm fighting weirdness in Profit's persona window. The larger variant that's laid out the same way as the default UI's one works fine. The default variant though is malfunctioning. What I'm wondering is if anyone's noticed any hard-coded behavior being added for the warder and construct pages, or if there's a limit to the size of script that can be used in a dropdown's OnSelect attribute?

What I'm seeing in Profit is that if I'm showing the passive effects page, when I change to either the warder or construct page the passive effects stay visible on top of the newly-selected page. I've got the code in the OnSelect script to make the passive effects page not visible when another page is selected, same scripting as is used in the default UI's window but my page-selection attributes run up to v21. I have no clue why it's doing this, I know I'm missing something stupid here that's causing the malf but I've no idea what.

Probably a related bug is that when I try to show the construct page it shows the pet stats page instead. I can't see any reason for this to happen, which is why I'm wondering if it's hard-coded behavior or something.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (203.2 KB, 956 views)
Unread 10-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Did you get this resolved tknarr?
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:14 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Did you get this resolved tknarr?
Not yet. And I confirmed it's not just a bug in the Profit XML. I took the default UI and modified the persona window to swap the v6 (controls Factions) and v17 (controls Construct) attributes in SOE's own XML. The result is that while the Factions pane displays OK the Construct pane displays either nothing or the Factions pane. So something in the game's definitely assuming which of those v# attributes in the categories listbox is used for what. I've got a query in to a dev to see if I can get confirmation whether there's hard-coded behavior or not, we'll see if I get a response. I'm also not sure if they're just hard-coding attribute usage or literally overriding my category listbox with their own.
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

You could try adding a script that gets simply hides all the other pages on problematic pages.
Unread 10-28-2013, 03:44 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
You could try adding a script that gets simply hides all the other pages on problematic pages.
Unfortunately since the problematic page isn't shown the OnShow script never triggers. I thought about that and tried it, and it didn't work. I think best case is that you must match the attributes with the pages they control in the default UI, eg. if the Construct pane is controlled by the v17 attribute in the default then any mod must control the Construct pane via v17. If you're adding panes, like Profit does for statistics, they have to be done via attributes not used in the default. I'm going to rewrite Profit that way, using v# for the panes that match the default and p# for Profit's custom panes, and see if that works.

It boggles me why they'd need to arrange things like this, but unfortunately it doesn't surprise me. I rail against the same kind of thing all the time at my day job.
Unread 10-28-2013, 05:43 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Good to know.
Unread 10-31-2013, 02:07 PM
A Griffon

No response from trying direct contact with a dev, so I'm going to play with the flags this weekend and see what works. Worst case I think will be "match the v# attributes with pages exactly the same way as in the default, and use p# or something for custom pages that don't exist in default".