EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 02-28-2007, 12:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Game Update 32 crashing

Is anyone else having issues with GU 32? I am crashing when zoning into the game. Let me know. The default UI works fine.

Thanks
Unread 02-28-2007, 12:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ya , crashing also
Unread 02-28-2007, 01:29 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

It's working fine for me, but the new in-game browser window is completely black.
Unread 02-28-2007, 01:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I quickly scanned through the interface compare that Dolby posted and I cannot see anything that would cause crashing. Make sure that you are not using other mods with ProfitUI that cause this. I also see that they updated the version number of eq2ui_examine.xml, try deleting that file (although that should never be a cause for crashes). I'm still at work, so I can unfortunately not test it.

For the browser to work this line needs to be added to eq2ui_mainhud.xml:
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml</include>
Unread 02-28-2007, 01:56 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thanks gm9, i figured it would be something simple like that!
Unread 02-28-2007, 04:54 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I could not find any crash bug in the UI after having had the chance to test it. You will have to provide more information on what exactly is happening (and in particular what other mods you are using - please try a clean install and see if it still crashes).

In the meantime I released a new version that enables the new browser window.

Last edited by gm9 : 03-01-2007 at 02:41 AM. Reason: typo
Unread 02-28-2007, 07:20 PM
EQ2 DEV
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Everfrost

I was also unable to get this to crash with a fresh install of ProfitUI and EQ2MAP.

There is an issue with the client potentially hanging on zone in if you minimize the client or lock your computer. This should be fixed in a hotfix.
http://kriegshauser.blogspot.com/
Unread 02-28-2007, 07:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I am having the same problem. Three characters are affected as of now. When I try to log into any of these three they instantly crash back to character select. One of them logged in fine, I killed a few mobs, bought and sold a few items, went to my house, in Greystone Yard, and BAM, crash to character select. Another is in Nek Forest, can not login to this toon at all since update. The third is in Commons and can not login either. I have deleted all the INI files for these three characters, logged in fine using default ui, when i switch back to Profit, zone the toons crash back to select.
Unread 03-01-2007, 02:52 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hmm, I'm still not convinced that ProfitUI is the cause, but maybe try deleting eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml (the mini zoning window) and/or eq2ui_loginscene.xml (the login window) and let me know if that changes anything.

And welcome to eq2interface Autenil!
Unread 03-01-2007, 04:26 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Also check this post, it may be related.
Unread 03-01-2007, 12:46 PM
EQ2 DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Hmm, I'm still not convinced that ProfitUI is the cause, but maybe try deleting eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml (the mini zoning window) and/or eq2ui_loginscene.xml (the login window) and let me know if that changes anything.

And welcome to eq2interface Autenil!
Thanks, gm9. Great UI btw.

I too am not convinced that it's ProfitUI that is causing the problem. Thanks for the link. I'll be looking over the client crash logs this morning.
Unread 03-01-2007, 01:56 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thank you!

Also thanks for looking into it. The recent increased dev attention to the interface community is much appreciated!
Unread 03-01-2007, 01:58 PM
A Brown Bear

Hi,

I can manage it to crash, but don't know the exact problem yet.

Will try further more to find the problem.

Edit:

Have tested it without the bag mod installed, keeps crashing after I have resized the bags. Either I miss something or SOE itself has a bug in its resizing /reshaping option.

Also there is no "Pick you UI" window for chars without one.

Edit2:

Think I have found a way to crash the game to 100 % ^^.

Load Char without UI (for me no window to choose from, chat is bugged, have to open a new chat window and load the UI with /load_uisettings)

1. Loaded Char without UI don't loaded Profit UI-settings and aligned the bags vertically, nothing happened after relog.

2. Loaded Char with UI from step 1. loaded Profit UI-settings, nothing happend after relog.

3. Loaded Char with Profit UI aligned the bags vertically, relog ctd.
Be warned this will corrupt the ui-setting file of your char, it will ever ctd until you delete the ui-setting file.

So something related to Profit UI have to cause it, but i don't get it, what it could be.

Hope it helps a little bit.

For now i keep the bag were they are, but would be happy if i could align it vertically.

I'm sure SOE has again messed with something they didn't write in the patch notes.

Cyber

Last edited by Cybernetix : 03-01-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Unread 03-01-2007, 02:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have tried what you suggested and the same problem still occurs. I have even deleted all of the ProfitUI files and folders and started from scratch. Upon first login everything is fine. If I zone to certain areas of the game (Nek Forest, Inn Room, Butcher Block), I crash to char select once again.

I also noticed that after GU32 I no longer get the UI Selection Screen to select the preset ProfitUI's or even the default Sony UI. I am 100% certein that the default selection problem has nothing to do with ProfitUI because the same thing occurs when I remove Profit completely, delete all character xml files and ini files except the one that is setup for the default eq2 ui that works and then login to an alt.

The only way I can play as of right now is to use the default UI, which I hate btw, cause ProfitUI Reborn is a great interface with an excellent layout.
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:05 PM
A Brown Bear

Hi,

me again ^^.

I think all I said is wrong, because it even keeps crashing if I don't align the bags vertically.

This time I let the bags be were they are and moved just the other windows, well it crashed again.

So here is my conclusion:

Under above aspect and the problem that the "Pick your UI" window doesn't show up on new chars, there is a problem in saving the UI.

So if you have already a nice an clean UI let it be, after SOE had fixed this really annoying bug.

You can load the default Profit UI setting without problems, but don't dare to change something it will corrupt your Settings file and you will have a lot of fun ^^.

The reason why so much people don't have problems is mostly because they have their UI already before LU 32 and didn't change anything.

For me changing anything after loading the Profit UI default settings will cause corruption of my ui file and I will ctd the next time I log in with this char.

I thought SOE has patched a problem relating Profit UI, I think they have coded a new problem which is much worse.

I think we have to wait until the Problem is found, or SOE HOT fixes it, or someone has found some workaround.

Cyber
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:16 PM
EQ2 DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybernetix
Have tested it without the bag mod installed, keeps crashing after I have resized the bags. Either I miss something or SOE itself has a bug in its resizing /reshaping option.
Hi Cybernetix,

The crash that most people appear to be experiencing is in the resizable bags. There is definitely a bug there and a hotfix will be coming.
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Cybernetix,
In regards to having a clean UI prior to GU32, I did. After downloading GU32 I made no changes to anything regarding the UI or its layout and the problem still occured. One character in particular could not even zone in after GU32. No settings were changed for this character. Upon removing all of his character files and ProfitUI he was able to log in will no problem. I am not blaming ProfitUI for this problem.

Edit:
The problems I have described also occur with ExtremeUI as well. This leads me to believe that either A) there is a problem with my machine and saving the UI settings, or B) there is an issue elsewhere that I can not find.

Edit 2:
Upon further investigation this problem is only occuring on my x64 Pro machine. I copied all my setting from my XP Pro desktop to my x64 machine and the same problem occurs. When using my XP Pro machine I have no problems what so ever zoning or moving bags or anything using any UI. I tried deleteing eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml on the 64-bit system and it did not fix the problem. I am unsure if this issue will be supported as EQ2 is a 32-bit legacy application.

OFF TOPIC:
I am also having a problem with the world chat channels and assigning them to a single tab. Once I set Level_30-39, for example, to my World tab, camp and log back in, that channel no longer goes to the tab it was assigned, but goes to the chat that is selected as Always Chat Here. This issue occurs both within ProfitUI and the default EQ2 UI, and I have submitted petitions ingame as to this affect, and am still unable to resolve it nor have I recieved a response to my petition. Not really a big deal but is really annoying as I have to change this everytime I login to the game.

Last edited by Savahn : 03-01-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Unread 03-02-2007, 01:27 AM
A Brown Bear

Savahn,

me was stupid enough to delete all my old character files, I thought i will make it nice an clean and now can only use the default layout which gm9 gives us with Profit UI.

I'm trying today once again, I think I could move the windows. But I'm not allowed to resize any of them. Resizing the Tracker, the Guild-Window, Persona-Window and so on seems to corrupting my character files.

For your problem it is really odd, for me Profit UI seemed working fine (with my old character files, which I have all deleted *sigh*). (I have deleted my Profit UI folder before and installed it completely new.)

I assume to that there is a problem in saving the UI, especially because even the "Load UI" window won't appear on startup.

Have you tried only to remove the character files and loading the Default Profit UI for your resolution? For me it works this way, until I resize some window ^^.

I hope SOE will hotfix this matter as fast as possible.

Edit:

Ok have tried it without resizing any window, just moved the windows, the bags not, haven't done anything to them and it ctd.

So far the only possibility to function without crashing for me is to keep the default Profit UI setting without resizing or even moving a window.

I take this as prove that there is some problem in saving the UI as Savahn already said.

I more and more hope that this will be hotfixed soon.

And damn why was I so stupid and have deleted my old character files (without backup, even all the other times I always made backup) *sigh* ^^.

Cyber

Last edited by Cybernetix : 03-02-2007 at 02:02 AM.
Unread 03-02-2007, 02:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have reinstalled ProfitUI on both systems and now everything seems to be fine after the last Sont hotfix. I have not tried to resize any of my windows, other than the chat window, and everything still works fine.