EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 06-24-2009, 07:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Thanks for the info i tried it all and it didnt work. So i uninstalled iT. I downloaded Fetish ui and it works great.
Unread 06-24-2009, 09:34 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Antonia Bayle

For the Cure-Button not working: SOE decided, that it would be fun it /useability and its friends now use the localized spell names!

thus... you would somehow need to supply localized versions of the group+player+raidwindow or add one of these _Profit_whatever files, to allow the user to specify their Cure spell name or implement some kind of language switch.

anyways, for all cure and click2cast-buttons to work, you (the profit USER) would need to make these changes manually, i.e. for german clients,

whereever you find useabilityontarget X Cure
it now needs to read useabilityontarget X Heilkraft

same applies to the click2cast buttons
where you previously had: useabilityontarget X Ministration
you now need: useabilityontarget X Pflege VIII
this last change can be made in the _profit_quickraidbuttons.xml but the cure change has to be applied to all 3 above mentioned window files
Unread 06-24-2009, 09:54 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Valor

For the german Client you only need to edit the file "_ProfitUI_Cures.txt"

Chnage all
Cure to Heilkraft
Cure Curse to Fluch heilen
Cure Arcane to Arkane Heilkraft

works like a charm. I put the changed File as attachement. Don't forget to set it on ignore in the updater.

There is only a problem with the "_ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt".
I changed it for my Fury:
Code:
	<Page Name="Fury">
		<Data Name="Button1" Macro="cancel_spellcast
		useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Neuwachsen" Tooltip="Neuwachsen"/>
		<Data Name="Button2" Macro="cancel_spellcast
		useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Salbe der Natur" Tooltip="Salbe der Natur"/>
		<Data Name="Button3" Macro="cancel_spellcast
		useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elixier der Natur" Tooltip="Elixier der Natur"/>
		<Data Name="Button4" Macro="cancel_spellcast
		useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Zurück ins Schlachtgewühl" Tooltip="Zurueck ins Schlachtgewuehl"/>
		<Data Name="Button5" Macro="cancel_spellcast
		useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Wilde Zähigkeit
		gsay &lt;&lt;&lt;Aufsteller auf &apos;Parent.Target&apos;&gt;&gt;&gt;" Tooltip="Wilde Zaehigkeit"/>
	</Page>
Works perfect, Button 1 to 3 automaticly takes the highest available spell.
Neuwachsen (Regrowth) casts Neuwachsen VII (Regrowth VII), no need to put the number at the end.
Problem with spell 4 and 5 are the Umlaute (ü,ä). Spells with Umlaute are not found, it's the old problem with this characters in UI-Files.

Any hints how to get it work? Encoding of the ü to &_#252; won't even load the UI anymore. And yes, in my try i don't put an underscore there, only had to do it on the forum to prevent that an ü was put there.
Attached Files
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_Cures.txt (3.8 KB, 313 views)

Last edited by Cairbre : 06-24-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Unread 06-24-2009, 10:05 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

Well, since totday's patch (GU52) the cure buttons for my warden do not work anymore. I did as suggested before and completely reinstalled the standalone version of profit ui. Is there anything else i can do or is it simply not working with the german language server Valor atm?
Unread 06-24-2009, 10:16 AM
A Weald Wolf
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogrim View Post
Well, since totday's patch (GU52) the cure buttons for my warden do not work anymore. I did as suggested before and completely reinstalled the standalone version of profit ui. Is there anything else i can do or is it simply not working with the german language server Valor atm?
Yes, QRB currently is not working on i18n servers but this is caused by SOE.

C2C hotfix for i18n server already pushed into Auto-updater.
Unread 06-24-2009, 10:33 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairbre View Post
For the german Client you only need to edit the file "_ProfitUI_Cures.txt"

Chnage all
Cure to Heilkraft
Cure Curse to Fluch heilen
Cure Arcane to Arkane Heilkraft

works like a charm. I put the changed File as attachement. Don't forget to set it on ignore in the updater.

There is only a problem with the "_ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt".
I changed it for my Fury:
Code:
	<Page Name="Fury">
		<Data Name="Button1" Macro="cancel_spellcast
		useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Neuwachsen" Tooltip="Neuwachsen"/>
		<Data Name="Button2" Macro="cancel_spellcast
		useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Salbe der Natur" Tooltip="Salbe der Natur"/>
		<Data Name="Button3" Macro="cancel_spellcast
		useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elixier der Natur" Tooltip="Elixier der Natur"/>
		<Data Name="Button4" Macro="cancel_spellcast
		useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Zurück ins Schlachtgewühl" Tooltip="Zurueck ins Schlachtgewuehl"/>
		<Data Name="Button5" Macro="cancel_spellcast
		useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Wilde Zähigkeit
		gsay &lt;&lt;&lt;Aufsteller auf &apos;Parent.Target&apos;&gt;&gt;&gt;" Tooltip="Wilde Zaehigkeit"/>
	</Page>
Works perfect, Button 1 to 3 automaticly takes the highest available spell.
Neuwachsen (Regrowth) casts Neuwachsen VII (Regrowth VII), no need to put the number at the end.
Problem with spell 4 and 5 are the Umlaute (ü,ä). Spells with Umlaute are not found, it's the old problem with this characters in UI-Files.

Any hints how to get it work? Encoding of the ü to &_#252; won't even load the UI anymore. And yes, in my try i don't put an underscore there, only had to do it on the forum to prevent that an ü was put there.
Thanks for your advice but I'm not going to take it as a solution for QRB i18n server hotfix.

Here's the thing: Every spell in EQ2 have a number I'll call it "Spell Serial Number". If peoples want to cast a spell by using command line, except using "/useability SPELLNAME" command, peoples also can cast spells by using "/useability 1234567890" command. This Spell serial number is UNIVERSAL, it can be applied in any locale server and also it is a UNIQUE number.

For example,
Just like "/useability Cure", is equal to "/useability 2945678992", "/useability Cure" probably may not work in i18n servers since GU52 but "/useability 2945678992" will absolutely still works fine.

If you enabled game logging function, you can get this serial number by completing following instructions:

1, type "/say " in your chat window
2, open your knowledge window, a.k.a. spell window
3, drag the target spell to your chat window
4, press Enter
5, open your log file, you should see something like "\aABILITY 969542071 キュア・カース:キュア・カース\/a", 969542071 is the serial number of "Cure Curse", using "/useability 969542071" is equal to "/useability Cure Curse"
(6, then you may probably want to report this to me )

At last, sorry for my bad English.

Last edited by Chrislau : 06-24-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:02 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Valor

Here are the IDs for you, you're method worked perfect

Zurück ins Schlachtgewühl II (Back into the fray II) = 598732465
Wilde Zähigkeit IV (Feral Tenacity IV) = 4240163028

Thanks for your help.
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:32 AM
A Weald Wolf

I'll start a Spell Serial Number Collect Thread ASAP, in the meantime, players who playing in i18n servers can use the method that I provided above to solve the problem temporarily.
Unread 06-24-2009, 12:12 PM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixoa View Post
ok ive tried to make head and tail of the quickraid buttons editing and am totaly confused i used to use the raidbutton updater but now its out of date due to the GU52 i need to change them by editing manually,so im asking for some help have read the FAQ and still no joy all i want is this :-
Button 5 to use (AA) Ritual Of Alacrity and send the person a tell saying " Has increased Casting,Reuse,Recovery Speed By 33% "
thats it lol
So if someone can either pm me or just quote this with what it should say id be in there debt forever.

Thanks
well sorted it myself with help from my gf
Unread 06-25-2009, 03:43 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Sorry for not reading the whole thread but there are a new things with this GU, that changed for the quickbuttons:
  1. You only need to name the spellline and it will cast the latest version all by it self.
    So "useabbilityonplayer Parent.Target ministration" will cast "Ministration I" at level 5 and "Ministration VIII" at 75. So you do not need the levelcheck if you work with spellchain names.
  2. You can't use Englisch names on international servers with useabbilityonplayer any more. You must use the localized name or the spell ID. (The number used if you link the spell.)
If you go by the name of the spellchain, you can remove the level check, but you need to include a localization for the spellnames.

If you go by the spell ID you still need the levelcheck but it will work for all servers.

I would prefer to go by spellchain name, as this will also mean a lot less work to do with the upcoming expansion, as you will not need to change the quickbuttons at all to use the new spells form 81 to 90.
If you use the same mechanism you use for the market window it also should not be such a great hassle to change the files beside needing help to get the localized spellchain names.

I would be happy to help you out with that.
Unread 06-25-2009, 04:32 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Interesting. In that case you have two possibilities, either switch out filed based on language as I did for the market window as you suggest, or, add the spellname with translation tags (can be found in the files in the /locale folder) to a Text value and read the translated spellname from the LocalText return value to be used by the buttons.