EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 06-20-2009, 06:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default quick buttons not working

I play a defiler . sence GU52 i cant get any quick button to work none of my cures or any group or raid quick buttons are working. is there something i can do to fix the problem? I have talked with other defilers and they are not having this issue. I have tried to update profit ui with the auto updater but it tells me there is no new files. any info would help i'm having to stay out of raids till i get it fixed dont want to miss out on the loots.
Unread 06-20-2009, 06:20 AM
A Weald Wolf
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by daerin View Post
I play a defiler . sence GU52 i cant get any quick button to work none of my cures or any group or raid quick buttons are working. is there something i can do to fix the problem? I have talked with other defilers and they are not having this issue. I have tried to update profit ui with the auto updater but it tells me there is no new files. any info would help i'm having to stay out of raids till i get it fixed dont want to miss out on the loots.
try re-install your user interface
Unread 06-20-2009, 07:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislau View Post
Just tried that didnt work anything else i can try
Unread 06-20-2009, 07:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislau View Post
Just tried that didnt work. I un installed all my UI and profit ui and re installed em.
it just say This spell or ability is no longer available when i try to use the cure quick buttons. all that happens with raid/group buttons is i hear the tone and nothing happens
Unread 06-20-2009, 08:08 AM
A Weald Wolf

try clear your updater's ignored list
Unread 06-20-2009, 04:23 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

i have the same issue ..

nothing in ignore list
and tried reinstalling.
Unread 06-20-2009, 08:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm a warden, same problem. I uninstalled, reinstalled, checked ignored files, nothing. Any ideas?

actually, i should clarify. My heal quickbuttons work fine. Just my cure buttons do not work.

Last edited by justwright : 06-20-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Unread 06-20-2009, 11:40 PM
A Weald Wolf

OK i asked my defiler friends and they say there's no problem with that. I also created a Warden character for testing the cure button function and it works fine either.

I will upload a standalone version in this few hours and you guys can try it see how it works.
Unread 06-21-2009, 12:02 AM
A Weald Wolf

Here is the standalone version

http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/info4925
Unread 06-21-2009, 02:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

All of my hotbuttons work if I use only the DL version, but the moment I alter the text to add 'Jesters Cap on You' for example, my UI won't even load.

Anyone else got that problem?

I have even DL'd the recent file and manually added the new text and it fails every time.

Help!
Unread 06-21-2009, 02:38 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish View Post
All of my hotbuttons work if I use only the DL version, but the moment I alter the text to add 'Jesters Cap on You' for example, my UI won't even load.

Anyone else got that problem?

I have even DL'd the recent file and manually added the new text and it fails every time.

Help!
Try this

Code:
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="SpellForMyLevel=&quot;Jester&apos;s Cap&quot;
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel
tell Parent.Target JC on you" Tooltip="(65) Jester&apos;s Cap"/>
Unread 06-21-2009, 03:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

This is an example of what's in my file:

<Data Name="Button4" Macro="SpellForMyLevel='Vivication'
tell Parent.Target Defiler Rez - Take at own risk..." Tooltip="(50) Vivication"/>

Also tried:

<Data Name="Button4" Macro="SpellForMyLevel='Vivication'
tell Parent.Target Defiler Rez - Take at own risk...
" Tooltip="(50) Vivication"/>

But when I load EQ2, then for some reason the UI doesn't even activate as such - I get to use the Default UI. The moment I replace this with a fresh DL I can use Profit again, but when modifying it with the above text it goes back to only loading the Default UI. I'm not sure what's going on...
Unread 06-21-2009, 05:11 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Use a different editor (check my FAQ).
Unread 06-21-2009, 02:25 PM
A Brown Bear

Because the spell names changed, some of the completely, it broke parts of the UI.

I was able to fix by going into ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons file and updating the names of the spells for my class (the file is sorted by classes)... all my quick buttons are now labeled correctly and function correctly.
Unread 06-21-2009, 04:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi,

I am also having issues with quick cure button. My issue seems to be a bit different tho.

The button can work fine for hours, then all of a sudden it stops working, this can happen after i revive for example. Then i get the message "This spell or ability is no longer available" when trying normal or curse cure - I can still use the cures from hotbar tho.

If i then restart my client it works fine again for a while. Patched with latest from updater, no ignored files.

Anyone else with same issue?
Unread 06-23-2009, 12:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I thought I fixed my problem, took everything off ignore list, patched it again, started game, cures worked. Then logged off for a couple hours, come back on, no cures again. Just says "This spell or ability is not available." why would it work sometimes, not others? Thanks for any help.
Unread 06-23-2009, 12:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorguard View Post
Because the spell names changed, some of the completely, it broke parts of the UI.

I was able to fix by going into ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons file and updating the names of the spells for my class (the file is sorted by classes)... all my quick buttons are now labeled correctly and function correctly.

Except the spell CURE did not change names.....
Unread 06-23-2009, 02:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere

I'm having the same problem. Updated with Catalyst after GU52. It worked the first time it loaded, but the group window has been broken ever since. The click cures tell me "This Spell or Ability is no longer available" and not only do the hot buttons not work, the tooltip reads like this: "Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Custom.ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.Parent.Parent.Pare nt.ProfitUI_SubclassDetector.Subclass.Button1.Tooltip"

Perhaps the QuickRaidButtons, SubclassDetector, and/or CuresCode files aren't being loaded correctly, or something is interfering with their functioning?
Unread 06-23-2009, 07:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I've identified what was causing problems with my group window. Apparently the ProfitUI eq2ui_mailhud_experience.xml file (XP Bar) is required for the group window to function correctly. It will not work with either a custom XP bar nor the default one.

Now to figure out exactly what code is required from the Profit XP bar to make the group window work so I don't have to use that bloated P.O.S. in my UI...
Unread 06-23-2009, 07:25 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
Now to figure out exactly what code is required from the Profit XP bar to make the group window work so I don't have to use that bloated P.O.S. in my UI...
Watch the language man, not doing UI's atm gives me more time on the ban stick.
Unread 06-23-2009, 07:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hehe. Well it's a perfectly fine piece within the context of the full Profit UI, which I don't use.

Since I customize my entire UI, I'd prefer to use an actual XP bar, not a health/power/gold/xp/regen/run speed/status/pack weight bar.
Unread 06-23-2009, 09:51 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
I've identified what was causing problems with my group window. Apparently the ProfitUI eq2ui_mailhud_experience.xml file (XP Bar) is required for the group window to function correctly. It will not work with either a custom XP bar nor the default one.

Its one thing for you to maybe say its bloated but another thing entirely to come in here and call it a P.O.S. especially since these palyer made mods are made available to you through the blood, sweat and hardwork of people who have the passion and the drive to make these mods for us. On top of that you are able to download and use these mods/ addons for free. So next time before you say something that might seem overly critical think twice about the amount of time that people put into these programs.
Unread 06-24-2009, 12:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonvore View Post
Its one thing for you to maybe say its bloated but another thing entirely to come in here and call it a P.O.S. especially since these palyer made mods are made available to you through the blood, sweat and hardwork of people who have the passion and the drive to make these mods for us. On top of that you are able to download and use these mods/ addons for free. So next time before you say something that might seem overly critical think twice about the amount of time that people put into these programs.
Fair enough. I was irritated after 4-5 hours of incremental modifications to my UI, and digging through XML code, only to find out I was stuck with using a UI element I didn't want to (in order for the UI element I did want, and had been using for months, to work.) It was a flippant comment, and hopefully gm9 didn't take it to heart.

Profit UI is a very good piece of work, and I certainly don't think it's a P.O.S. I do still want to replace the XP bar, though.
Unread 06-24-2009, 02:52 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonvore View Post
Cheers, that was my point exactly.
Unread 06-24-2009, 05:52 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

ok ive tried to make head and tail of the quickraid buttons editing and am totaly confused i used to use the raidbutton updater but now its out of date due to the GU52 i need to change them by editing manually,so im asking for some help have read the FAQ and still no joy all i want is this :-
Button 5 to use (AA) Ritual Of Alacrity and send the person a tell saying " Has increased Casting,Reuse,Recovery Speed By 33% "
thats it lol
So if someone can either pm me or just quote this with what it should say id be in there debt forever.

Thanks