Unread 02-03-2008, 09:38 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Arrow Beta 4

OP updated with Beta 4

Changes:
  • Fixed a bug where a spell line would always be saved to button 1 regardless of your selection in certain circumstances
  • Added complete error handling added for eq2 path selection and detecting of an existing ProfitUI installation.
  • Your settings of the table (filters, selected cell) will now be restored after saving a spell line
  • Spell lines with only 1 spell no longer have "line" in the tooltip and the spell name is no longer enclosed in apostrophs
Unread 02-03-2008, 11:49 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Still getting the same error with beta 4. No additional information from the error handling code was given.

Runtime error 448
Named argument not found

I get this with any warden spell (only toon that I am attempting to do this with at the moment) except the ones that are italicized. I guess those are the ones that do NOT have any previous or future upgraded spells.

When I click on the italicized spell, the selection box pops up that asks for eq2 directory, and the slot location.
Unread 02-05-2008, 07:36 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If I try to use the Excel file, the dialog looks like this:

There is no way to read anything.

p.s. I'm using Excel 2002.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dialog.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	6287  
Unread 02-05-2008, 07:58 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hmm, maybe your color scheme? I uploaded Beta 5 that should be forcing the correct colors. Also it became more colorful.

Let me know if it works.
Unread 02-05-2008, 08:36 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Works now.

Now I just need to level fast enough to test that the right ability is used.
Unread 02-05-2008, 10:08 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Arrow Beta 6 - chat macros

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorinth View Post
While you are in tinker mode, you may want to think about implementing the ability to add chat to the button. For raid wide info on rezzes and such. However, you dont need to make the text, just give us the ability to add it (without having to edit multiple files multiple times). If it can be done through the configurator, that would be great. also, not sure if there would be a common point in each button casting tree to add this or if it would need to appear multiple times in the tree. Just a thought and thanx for the excellent work!
I just added Beta 6 to the OP that allows you to do that. You get the same text regardless of your level, anything else would be overkill I suppose.

Last edited by gm9 : 02-05-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:26 PM
A Griffon

Thanx for the update with the ability to add chat text. However, i am still getting the 448 named argument not found error. If I select an italicized spell/ability it will work and bring me to the save menu (with the new colors and added chat text).

If you would like to ping me offline so we can work this out, I am willing.
Unread 02-06-2008, 03:54 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Thanx for the update with the ability to add chat text. However, i am still getting the 448 named argument not found error. If I select an italicized spell/ability it will work and bring me to the save menu (with the new colors and added chat text).

If you would like to ping me offline so we can work this out, I am willing.
Yes sorry, I didn't yet look into your issue. I'll get back to you.
Unread 02-06-2008, 04:57 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

This sounds like a great little app to help with the quickraid buttons. But I get an error when I ckick save. I am using Office 2007 and I get this error:

Compile error in hidden module: Tabelle1

Lecore
Unread 02-07-2008, 02:14 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Arrow Beta 7

Beta 7 added which is using ProfitUI 4.5 style level detection based on your unmentored level and which outputs tooltips comprising the entire spell line incl. spell levels.

The Office 2000/2007 problems have not been addressed (frankly so far I've got no clue why it won't work, I don't have much VBA experience). If you use this under Vista as always you might get problem with the security features I suppose.
Unread 02-08-2008, 07:29 AM
A Griffon

Same issue with named argument not found.
If I select a spell that is not upgraded (ie it is the only one in the spell line) it works. I work with excel all the time at work. If you ping me offline, maybe I can help with the debug.

Also, it would seem that open office has known issues running excel macros. So for now, I will stick with excel 2000, then maybe we can port it over to open office.
Unread 02-08-2008, 08:25 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

sorinth, try Beta 8 which I just added to the first post. I'm confident that it will fix your problem.
Unread 02-08-2008, 06:18 PM
A Griffon

Woot! You da Man!!!! It works now! What was wrong (or is that the little secret)?

Anyways, thanx for the excellent work as always! If there is anything I can ever do to assist you in your fine work, please do not hesitate to ask!
Unread 02-08-2008, 10:12 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
What was wrong (or is that the little secret)?
Heh, no secret at all, just didn't think anybody would be interested. For a spell line with more than one spell in it my code would then search the line in the table for the other spells of that line. The format for this search was apparently slightly amended from Excel 2000 to Excel 2002, so your Excel 2000 didn't understand the search parameters. I got a hold of Excel 2000 and ran it through the debugger.
Unread 02-09-2008, 05:20 PM
A Griffon

After playing with it a bit, and the interaction within the game, (now this might have been coded on purpose) all the spell names within a spell line are shown on the tool tip of the qrb. Could the user, through the configurator, simply give that qbr a quick name? For instance, for my baby warden, instead of showing all the spells for his group hot in that line, I could just title the button "Group Hot".

(and then, if we could change from numbers to icons, that would be awesome, but if it is not possible, that is okay as well)
Unread 02-10-2008, 08:46 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Arrow Beta is over

Good idea, now implemented in the new version which I uploaded to the download area. You can also now add custom macro code if you want to. Icons are not possible (unless someone amends the database with Source and SourceRect for each icon and spell)

The Excel 2007 problem that was reported above was not addressed and I am not sure whether I will be able to fix this anytime soon, for lack of an Excel 2007 for testing it on.

Closing this thread down, thanks for testing!
Closed Thread