Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 07-26-2008, 12:52 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Exclamation Beta: Configurable bottom bar

New configurable bottom bar
Meant to post this for ages. Attached is the new bottom bar which has been sitting on my harddrive for several months now. This one is freely configurable. Each subclass gets to see their own set up relevant stats. Currently you need to mouse over the bar once after logging into a character for it to be initialized to that character's subclass.

How you can help
And that's where I need your help. We need to create a default setup for each subclass. If you wanted to display all possible stats your screen width would have to be at least 2455 pixels wide (screenshot attached, although the forum software has reduced it to 1920 pixels width).

I would like to get a default setup for as many subclasses as possible, at as many resolutions as possible. The default setup will be for 1280 pixels width, but many people have 1600 or 1900 pixels available as well, so if we could gather default setups for all these resolutions (or more) I would like to distribute them all with the UI.

Instructions
The bottom bar is easily configurable via the file _ProfitUI_BottomBar_Settings.txt. Using a text editor you can open the file. There is a line for each subclass, easily identified by the Name field at the beginning. Go to the line for the subclass you want to configure, for example for Necromancers it will look like this:
<Data Name="Necromancer" Wisdom="true" Strength="true" Intelligence="true" Agility="true" Stamina="true" DividerAttributes="true" ...
All the text in that line after the name field identifying the subclass is for configuring the bar for that subclass. It is quite easy. Set e.g. Wisdom="true" if you want your Wisdom attribute to be shown, or Wisdom="false" if you want it to be hidden. Some fields are called "Divider...", e.g. DividerAttributes shown above. These are no stats by the graphical divides || between sections. Some of them are toggled automatically, but for most you can configure their visibility manually.

The fields in the configuration file are in the exact same order as they will appear in game. See the attached screenshot for reference.

After you have configured the configuration file, load up the game and see how it looks. If some stats should be visible are not they have probably been cut off because there is not enough space on the bar.

Advanced tip for faster testing: To make changes without restarting the game, you can edit the file while still in game, save your changes, then type
/loadui ProfitUI
to load those changes into your interface. This will mess up your UI layout, but ignore that, it is not permanent. However, to fix the way the bottom bar is displayed you need to open the ProfitUI ControlCenter and hit the button for maximizing the bottom bar.

Once you have a working setup
Once you are satisfied with your setup please post it here (either the entire .txt file or just copy and paste the line for your subclass). Please state the subclass you configured and what screen resolution you set it up for.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BottomBar4.7_full.jpg
Views:	990
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	6481  
Attached Files
File Type: zip _ProfitUI_BottomBar_4.7beta3.zip (6.5 KB, 895 views)

Last edited by gm9 : 08-03-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Unread 07-26-2008, 03:33 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Without cluttering this topic, I wanted to note that Avoidance_Base doesn't seem to be the accurate GameData to use for avoidance percentage:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?p=74503
Unread 07-26-2008, 04:19 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks, removed the percentage number from the bar again, anybody who already downloaded please use the updated version if you want to display avoidance.
Unread 07-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Code:
<Data Name="Guardian" Wisdom="true" Strength="true" Intelligence="true" Agility="true" Stamina="true" DividerAttributes="true" Resists="true" HealthRegen="true" PowerRegen="true" DividerRegen="true" PrimaryWeaponStats="true" SecondaryWeaponStats="false" RangedWeaponStats="false" SpellCast="false" SpellReuse="false" SpellRecast="false"  DividerSpellcastingStats="false" Mitigation="true" Avoidance="true" DividerDefenseStats="true" HateMod="true" DPSMod="true" HasteMod="true" HealMod="false" SpellMod="false" MeleeMod="true" RunspeedMod="true" DividerMods="true" Attack="true" DoubleAttack="true" RangedDoubleAttack="false" AEAttack="true" DividerAttackStats="true" MeleeCrit="true" RangedCrit="false" DamageSpellCrit="false" HealCrit="false" />
I also wouldn't use the avoidance dec value I would use the % as I just want to know the % I will avoid a lvl mobs attack, I could careless what the dec value is.

Last edited by Landiin : 07-28-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Unread 07-29-2008, 01:51 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Cheers. What resolution is that for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
I also wouldn't use the avoidance dec value I would use the % as I just want to know the % I will avoid a lvl mobs attack, I could careless what the dec value is.
Regarding Avoidance % you have probably seen Drumstix post above and the separate discussion in the other thread.

Since because of that I had removed the avoidance base % value, would you want all 4 individual avoidance values instead?
Unread 07-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Hmm I could of swarn there was DD for def_avoid_percent, but now that I look guess there isn't.. SOE!!! I wouldn't bother with all 4 individual avoidance percentages. Information over load IMHO.

I used a resolution or 1680x1050 or something like that lol.
Unread 07-30-2008, 04:24 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Just an idea, but would it be possible to do a version of the bottom bar that would show all available stats and perhaps allow multiple levels? (IE 2 or more rows of stats based on screen resolution and resizing of the bar)

I know I for one like having access to all my stats via bars, as sometimes I need to boost a stat in battle and don't have time to open another window. (also some classes can make use of Spell, Heal & Melee Crit chance, for instance Battle Cleric for Templar/Inquisitor)
Unread 07-30-2008, 05:22 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbelyn View Post
Just an idea, but would it be possible to do a version of the bottom bar that would show all available stats and perhaps allow multiple levels?
Yes, have been thinking about it. Most people I talked to wanted the single level bar and they did not want to see stats they did not care about, so that's what I did first. A resizable variant with all stats will come later when I feel like it.
Unread 07-30-2008, 10:41 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Understandable, I would do it but I can't seem to get the Volume options to work correctly with a stats bar.

Main reason I asked is I use Mother's group & player & pet windows, and that sorta kills the Subclass Detector from what I've seen, not to mention I look at alot of stats for my assassin, too many to display at 1600 x 1200 in a single bar with the beta bottombar.
Unread 08-01-2008, 01:43 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Mistmoore
Smile

I would suggest you change the font from "ProfitUI_Styles.Fonts.FontArial13T" into "ProfitUI_Styles.Fonts.FontArial12T", and try compact those values (I mean, make those values compactness).

I'm running EQ2 with 1440x900 resolution, my buttom bar can't show all default value when I'm on my melee class(brigand/guardian) alt.

Last edited by Chrislau : 08-01-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Unread 08-01-2008, 02:24 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Code:
<Data Name="Defiler" Strength="true" Intelligence="true" Agility="false" Stamina="true"  Wisdom="true" DividerAttributes="true" Resists="true" HealthRegen="false" PowerRegen="false" DividerRegen="false" PrimaryWeaponStats="true" SecondaryWeaponStats="false" RangedWeaponStats="false" SpellCast="true" SpellReuse="true" SpellRecast="false"  DividerSpellcastingStats="true" Mitigation="false" Avoidance="false" DividerDefenseStats="false" HateMod="false" DPSMod="true" HasteMod="true" HealMod="true" SpellMod="true" MeleeMod="false" RunspeedMod="true" DividerMods="true" Attack="false" DoubleAttack="false" RangedDoubleAttack="false" AEAttack="false" DividerAttackStats="false" MeleeCrit="false" RangedCrit="false" DamageSpellCrit="true" HealCrit="true" />
1444x900

Note I think resist showing is pretty useless but the bar looks completely barren with out it.
Unread 08-02-2008, 09:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Runnyeye

Code:
<Data Name="Ranger" Wisdom="false" Strength="true" Intelligence="true" Agility="false" Stamina="false" DividerAttributes="true" Resists="true" HealthRegen="false" PowerRegen="false" DividerRegen="false" PrimaryWeaponStats="false" SecondaryWeaponStats="false" RangedWeaponStats="true" SpellCast="false" SpellReuse="false" SpellRecast="false"  DividerSpellcastingStats="false" Mitigation="false" Avoidance="false" DividerDefenseStats="false" HateMod="true" DPSMod="true" HasteMod="true" HealMod="false" SpellMod="false" MeleeMod="false" RunspeedMod="true" DividerMods="true" Attack="false" DoubleAttack="false" RangedDoubleAttack="true" AEAttack="false" DividerAttackStats="false" MeleeCrit="false" RangedCrit="true" DamageSpellCrit="false" HealCrit="false" />
Ranger, 1280x1024
Looks quite nice this way, but am not sure if other rangers will agree with the choices I made

Noticed that even with a few items "true", the weaponstats were not displaying completely. It said something like 512-2.. instead of 512-2154.

Last edited by Dakwest : 08-02-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: lay-out
Unread 08-02-2008, 02:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default bottom Bar Swashy

<Data Name="Swashbuckler" Wisdom="true" Strength="true" Intelligence="true" Agility="true" Stamina="true" DividerAttributes="true" Resists="true" HealthRegen="false" PowerRegen="false" DividerRegen="false" PrimaryWeaponStats="true" SecondaryWeaponStats="true" RangedWeaponStats="fasle" SpellCast="false" SpellReuse="false" SpellRecast="false" DividerSpellcastingStats="false" Mitigation="false" Avoidance="false" DividerDefenseStats="false" HateMod="true" DPSMod="true" HasteMod="true" HealMod="false" SpellMod="false" MeleeMod="true" RunspeedMod="false" DividerMods="true" Attack="true" DoubleAttack="true" RangedDoubleAttack="false" AEAttack="true" DividerAttackStats="true" MeleeCrit="true" RangedCrit="true" DamageSpellCrit="false" HealCrit="false" />

Swashy: 1680x1050

Confirmed Dakwest post about weapon stats. Fourth Digit causes the ...
Unread 08-02-2008, 09:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Templar defaults

Nice feature (in fact superb all round interface).

For Templar I used the following configuration. Some stuff most priests wouldn't care so much about IS useful for Shield Ally 1680x1050 resolution though:

<Data Name="Templar" Wisdom="true" Strength="true" Intelligence="true" Agility="true" Stamina="true" DividerAttributes="true" Resists="true" HealthRegen="false" PowerRegen="true" DividerRegen="true" PrimaryWeaponStats="false" SecondaryWeaponStats="false" RangedWeaponStats="false" SpellCast="true" SpellReuse="true" SpellRecast="true" DividerSpellcastingStats="true" Mitigation="false" Avoidance="true" DividerDefenseStats="true" HateMod="false" DPSMod="true" HasteMod="true" HealMod="true" SpellMod="true" MeleeMod="false" RunspeedMod="true" DividerMods="true" Attack="false" DoubleAttack="false" RangedDoubleAttack="false" AEAttack="false" DividerAttackStats="false" MeleeCrit="true" RangedCrit="false" DamageSpellCrit="true" HealCrit="true" />

p.s. Separate topic, but ProfitUICures file could do with Paladin AA cure added:

<Data Name="Paladin" TraumaCure="NONE" ArcaneCure="Cure Spells" NoxiousCure="Cure Spells" ElementalCure="Cure Spells" CurseCure="NONE"/>

Last edited by mistrose : 08-03-2008 at 01:34 AM.
Unread 08-03-2008, 05:13 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks all so far, OP updated with new version (beta 3) to fix the weaponstats issue (I did not even know damage values went that high ) and to include the configs posted so far (in each case copied to all members of that same archetype). The weaponstats fix does not change the size of those sections so the setups need not be changed.
Unread 08-03-2008, 02:04 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Permafrost

erm... I dont see the link to download in the OP any more...
Unread 08-03-2008, 02:10 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

err, me neither, no idea what went wrong there. fixed.
Unread 08-03-2008, 09:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

How's this for shadowknight?

<Data Name="Shadowknight" Wisdom="false" Strength="true" Intelligence="true" Agility="true" Stamina="true" DividerAttributes="true" Resists="true" HealthRegen="false" PowerRegen="true" DividerRegen="true" PrimaryWeaponStats="true" SecondaryWeaponStats="false" RangedWeaponStats="false" SpellCast="true" SpellReuse="true" SpellRecast="true" DividerSpellcastingStats="true" Mitigation="true" Avoidance="true" DividerDefenseStats="true" HateMod="true" DPSMod="true" HasteMod="true" HealMod="false" SpellMod="true" MeleeMod="true" RunspeedMod="true" DividerMods="true" Attack="true" DoubleAttack="true" RangedDoubleAttack="false" AEAttack="true" DividerAttackStats="false" MeleeCrit="true" RangedCrit="false" DamageSpellCrit="true" HealCrit="false" />
Unread 08-04-2008, 01:22 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatchan View Post
How's this for shadowknight?
Thanks. Which resolution?
Unread 08-06-2008, 09:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Monk @ 1920x1200, but avoidance is truncated at the fourth character:

<Data Name="Monk" Strength="true" Stamina="true" Agility="true" Wisdom="false" Intelligence="false" DividerAttributes="true" Resists="true" HealthRegen="false" PowerRegen="false" DividerRegen="false" PrimaryWeaponStats="true" SecondaryWeaponStats="true" RangedWeaponStats="false" SpellCast="true" SpellReuse="true" SpellRecast="true" DividerSpellcastingStats="true" Mitigation="true" Avoidance="true" DividerDefenseStats="true" HateMod="true" DPSMod="true" HasteMod="true" HealMod="false" SpellMod="false" MeleeMod="true" RunspeedMod="true" DividerMods="true" Attack="true" DoubleAttack="true" RangedDoubleAttack="false" AEAttack="true" DividerAttackStats="true" MeleeCrit="true" RangedCrit="false" DamageSpellCrit="false" HealCrit="false" />

I like the idea of an optional second level - I'm thinking of my SK who'd like to see nearly every stat
Unread 08-06-2008, 12:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Shadowknight @ 1920x1200 - Attack doesn't show up even though the attribute is set to "true":

<Data Name="Shadowknight" Strength="true" Stamina="true" Agility="true" Intelligence="true" Wisdom="false" DividerAttributes="true" Resists="false" HealthRegen="false" PowerRegen="false" DividerRegen="false" PrimaryWeaponStats="true" SecondaryWeaponStats="false" RangedWeaponStats="false" SpellCast="true" SpellReuse="true" SpellRecast="true" DividerSpellcastingStats="true" Mitigation="true" Avoidance="true" DividerDefenseStats="true" DPSMod="true" HasteMod="true" MeleeMod="true" SpellMod="true" HealMod="true" HateMod="true" RunspeedMod="true" DividerMods="true" Attack="true" DoubleAttack="true" RangedDoubleAttack="false" AEAttack="true" DividerAttackStats="true" MeleeCrit="true" RangedCrit="false" DamageSpellCrit="true" HealCrit="true" />
Unread 08-06-2008, 12:34 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default Warlock Using the default _ProfitUI_BottomBar.xml file

Have a small issue that I could use some help with.

I've installed the _ProfitUI_BottomBar.xml default width of 1280 for my Warlock.

In game the bar shows all the stats expected but the dividers (DividerAttributes="true") are not appearing at all. See image.

My display is 1920 x 1200 and I'm currently running ProfitUI 4.6.9.

Thoughts?

FIXED: v4.6.9 did not have TitleBarInvertedBoxed defined in _ProfitUI_Styles.xml. v4.7.0 fixed the issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BottomBar.gif
Views:	444
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	6495  

Last edited by lollygagger : 08-06-2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Fixed
Unread 08-15-2008, 06:28 AM
A Dragoon Sith

I tried to build a bar for my Inquisitor (1680x1050). There I found out, that the damage for my weapon would not fully show if my max damage was greater then 1000. Tried to remove some additional fields but it would still not show the stats right.

If you could make the weapon stats field a little bit wider, it would be great.
Unread 08-16-2008, 07:48 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Dirge 1280x1024

<Data Name="Dirge" Wisdom="false" Strength="true" Intelligence="true" Agility="true" Stamina="false" DividerAttributes="true" Resists="true" HealthRegen="false" PowerRegen="false" DividerRegen="false" PrimaryWeaponStats="true" SecondaryWeaponStats="true" RangedWeaponStats="false" SpellCast="false" SpellReuse="false" SpellRecast="false" DividerSpellcastingStats="false" Mitigation="false" Avoidance="false" DividerDefenseStats="false" HateMod="false" DPSMod="true" HasteMod="true" HealMod="false" SpellMod="false" MeleeMod="false" RunspeedMod="false" DividerMods="true" Attack="true" DoubleAttack="true" RangedDoubleAttack="false" AEAttack="false" DividerAttackStats="false" MeleeCrit="true" RangedCrit="false" DamageSpellCrit="false" HealCrit="false" />

Only problem I saw was it appears as though SecondaryWeaponStats is showing up as though it was PrimaryWeaponStats. It was showing me the same stat in both.
Unread 09-26-2008, 07:18 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default My Conjuror bar

Conjuror I run 1920 by 1200 so I set to true most anything I could ever think I might need.

<Data Name="Conjuror" Wisdom="true" Strength="true" Intelligence="true" Agility="true" Stamina="true" DividerAttributes="true" Resists="true" HealthRegen="true" PowerRegen="true" DividerRegen="true" PrimaryWeaponStats="false" SecondaryWeaponStats="false" RangedWeaponStats="false" SpellCast="true" SpellReuse="true" SpellRecast="true" DividerSpellcastingStats="true" Mitigation="true" Avoidance="true" DividerDefenseStats="false" HateMod="true" DPSMod="true" HasteMod="true" HealMod="false" SpellMod="true" MeleeMod="false" RunspeedMod="true" DividerMods="true" Attack="false" DoubleAttack="false" RangedDoubleAttack="false" AEAttack="false" DividerAttackStats="false" MeleeCrit="true" RangedCrit="false" DamageSpellCrit="true" HealCrit="true" />