EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 11-01-2005, 10:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Happy Birthday EverQuest II!

EverQuest II celebrates its 1st birthday on November 9, 2005. A lot has happened in EQII's first year with much to celebrate. But for this party, it's you who will get the gifts! Whether you've been with us for one day or one year, we'd like to extend a huge "thank you" and present you with some awesome in-game items to mark the occasion.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/e...quest2birthday
Unread 11-01-2005, 10:36 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Butcherblock

I wonder how long those experience boost potions last....

And, do we get all the rewards up to our current gift? Or just the one? Cuz, if they say "keep playing and you'll get these," that seems to me like once you hit the mark you get it.

Can anyone clarify?
Unread 11-02-2005, 12:34 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Innothule

I wonder what they do for those that had a break in their subscription. I had stopped playing for a while. I did join the day it launched and am currently playing, maybe they'll give me the year. It will probably credit me from when I joined up again though.
Unread 11-02-2005, 02:21 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Everfrost

@Ruffic
i think its based off of your subscription date... by that i mean. go to store.station.sony.com and on the left is subscriptions (if logged in), then click the eq2 subscription. there is a spot there that says original purchase date.

i have had a lapse in my subscription as well, but never actually cancelled it, and mine says November 9, 2004.

and i emphasize "think" as we all know soe has a way of doing things far from what is expected.
Unread 11-02-2005, 03:03 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

I'm pretty sure you get everything up to your top prize you match.

Also, knowing Sony they're going to take the easy way out and just calculate from registration day, ignoring any lapses/breaks.
Unread 11-02-2005, 05:14 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I don't see how that's the easy way out, but ok

And yes, unless you acctually canceled your subscription, AND deleted your account, you'll be getting what you should.

I wonder what else they may be doing to celebrate.... guess we'll see.

Would be cool to have something like the Fabled mobs from EQ1, but there are so many mobs like that already in EQ2..... ahh what a great game we have here

*edit* The only bad thing I can think of is, you'll probably only be able to get the item for one of your characters. Decisions... decisions...

Heck. I haven't even claimed my stuff from my collectors edition yet!

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 11-02-2005 at 05:18 PM.
Unread 11-02-2005, 06:47 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Blackguard answers many questions about how the system will work here (minus duration of the buffs):

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...ssage.id=18132

Basically it counts days of activity on the account. So if you account was active for 2 months, then inactive for 3 months, then active again for 4 months you would be credited with 6 months of activity. Cancellations, expirations and account upgrades do not reset the counter.

Also you can claim these rewards on 3 characters within the same account. So 3 of your characters can sport the title if you've been around a year (like me )
Unread 11-02-2005, 07:24 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Innothule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdacil
Blackguard answers many questions about how the system will work here (minus duration of the buffs):

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...ssage.id=18132

Basically it counts days of activity on the account. So if you account was active for 2 months, then inactive for 3 months, then active again for 4 months you would be credited with 6 months of activity. Cancellations, expirations and account upgrades do not reset the counter.

Also you can claim these rewards on 3 characters within the same account. So 3 of your characters can sport the title if you've been around a year (like me )
Thanks for the info! I had cancelled my subscription a few months after playing, got bored. I'm mainly a solo player. With all of the updates to offer more for the solo player, I started playing again. Not sure how long I've been active for, hopefully 6mo.
Unread 11-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

Well probably be the same from SWG ... I played since day one and took a good time off.. over 6-8 months then started playing again ... the rewards were based off the day I first started playing
Unread 11-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Those rewards are kinda nice. I cant wait to /claim them and get a boost in exp past lvl50.
Unread 11-02-2005, 10:25 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Well taht's cool. Unfortunately for me, I deactivated my subscription for a few months, and won't have as many as rewards as I first though (opened my subscription nov 15), but hey, they'll come eventually!
Unread 11-02-2005, 11:17 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Najena

Cool beans. I just activated after 3 months off.
Unread 11-09-2005, 12:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Welp, I hope for the best!

Quote:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Veteran Rewards can be claimed on up to 3 characters per account, so be sure which characters you want to have access to these items.
LU16 is here, and I'm one happy camper.