EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 10-13-2009, 03:42 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Gaming Keyboard trouble

Hey guys,
I have been playing eq2 for awhile and my G11 gaming keyboard use to allow me to use my gkeys(macro keys) and complete a whole range of spells/abilities but with new updates the game no longer recognizes the gkeys input. I have the latest drivers and downloaded all updates for keyboard and still no avail, i noticed there is an option to enable G15 compatibility but no G11, I started to wonder if this was a UI issue. Any suggestions at all would be appreciated.
Unread 10-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharelic View Post
Hey guys,
I have been playing eq2 for awhile and my G11 gaming keyboard use to allow me to use my gkeys(macro keys) and complete a whole range of spells/abilities but with new updates the game no longer recognizes the gkeys input. I have the latest drivers and downloaded all updates for keyboard and still no avail, i noticed there is an option to enable G15 compatibility but no G11, I started to wonder if this was a UI issue. Any suggestions at all would be appreciated.
Haven't heard of anything like this yet. Does turning G15 compatibility on make any visible difference?
Unread 10-14-2009, 06:11 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

if I remember correctly, the difference between the g11 and the g15 is that the g15 has a lcd display and the g11 does not. The little g15 compatibility check box only sends data to the lcd display window. The problem lies with your logitech drivers (specifically the g-series keyboard profiler). What might be happening, and I had this happen on a few occasions, is that some other program is launching or detected by the profiler and your everquest profile is no longer active.

you can do a few things...
1) while in game and your profile is not operating correctly, you can manually make a quick macro by pressing the mr key, then the g-key, then your macro (say /useability ......) then press the mr key again. If that doesnt work, then your keyboard is whacked

2) make your everquest profile your default profile. In my case, I think it was my av or anti spyware program that was starting a scan after the game had loaded and causing the profiler to switch away from everquest.