Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 03-29-2005, 06:19 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Default Player/XP Window dewpeshenode tweak

Hey everyone!

I am like brand new to this site, so forgive me if im like TOTALLY lame. I have been fiddling with the UI tool, trying to make a Player box similar to depeshenods advanced version (with the switchable xp-bar) but when I load an eq2ui.xml with his player box already there, nothing shows up. No player box, no Player tree submenu, nothing.

My though is to create a player box like depeshenodes, except to have the target and implied target incorporated as well. I'd like the targets HP bar to be fleshed out like in the player box, with the target name over-neath (tm) the HP bar (meaning on top of).

What do you think? Help would be appreciated

Darrin

PS: I've added an example of how I would like this to roughly look, done in Paint (MAD SKILLS!!)

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-02-2005 at 03:21 AM. Reason: changing Title
Unread 03-29-2005, 06:25 PM
A Griffon

Default Multi-use Player Window Update

I've done some tinkering, and I finally came up with a "look" that I am really satisfied with (see attached file), which borrows from two or three other styles, ie Sunthas and depeshenode (sp?). At any rate, I've done some extra fiddling in the UI builder and came up with a prototype to the previous jpg (see above), but I cannot seem to get the code working right. Any hints, ideas? Can I even 'put' the target window inside the player window?

Should I just give up trying to do it myself and place a request?

Thanks,
Darrin
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:09 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Antonia Bayle

i know the target window wouldnt fully function before if its moved outside its own window, however that could have changed, but i doubt it.
Unread 03-30-2005, 01:07 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I think it would beasier to make the window, and make a target window that could just be move into position making it appear to be 1 window.
Unread 03-30-2005, 01:22 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

make the window out of the target window, then it would all be 1 window except for the implied target window. im pretty sure everything else in tehre besides the target windows are all dynamic data so they will work anywhere.
Unread 03-30-2005, 05:57 AM
A Griffon

Default You advance in Frustration (169/200)!

GRRRR! I am NOT a code monkey. I am good at the visual modifications, but when it comes to codefying it, I'll be buggered.

I started out using depeshenodes advanceplayerwindow (lite) because it had most of the code i desired already in place. I *MIGHT* have that working, Ive yet to test it live. If it works, Ill edit and post the screenshot. Please note that I have done this in the player window, and havent tried the target window because it seems to be locked tight, and I cannot figure out how to expand it *GRR*

I havent put the compass in there mainly because I havent figured out how to make it work.

Thanks,
Darrin