EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-14-2006, 02:36 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Absolutely Frustrated!!

Guys, HELP!! I am about to lose my mind here. I have been using several Fetish pieces for about a year now with no issue. A friend sent me his UI set and I decided to try it. I removed the Fethish folder and made a new folder named myui. I placed all the ui items from my friends ui into this new folder entitled myui. When I logged in all the merchent windows were black. I could see the items but not the close window button or any other buttons ie.."buy" "sell" etc etc..and the window was black. The backround was black and I cannot see the buttons. This did not happen on my broker window...but all other merchent windows. I had another friend come over and help...long story nothing worked... I DELETED and REINSTALLED EQ2 and when I booted EQ up for the first time after reinstall the same thing was happening...I am at a total loss here.....can anyone help?

The eq2 ini file looked like this....
cl_ui_skinname myui
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_movie_enabled 0

I pulled out this ini file before reinstalling and threw it on my desktop...I then reinstalled....after installation the exact ini and "myui" file was in the NEW installation of eq...WTF???
Unread 08-14-2006, 03:11 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

I could be totally off base here but I had a similar problem. There can be confusion if you have more than one user account in windows. I had installed eq2 in one user account and when i went to play it in a different account it had installed a seperate UI directory. You are most likely deleting the c:/program files/sony/everquest/ui directory when you uninstall but check and see if you have a ui folder in your c:/documents and settings with residual ui files. Hope this helps.
Unread 08-14-2006, 09:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Trepidation69: It sounds like you may be missing some image files or some of the UI windows are not up to date.