Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 04-04-2005, 02:34 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Default ElricGroup beta

******READ ME FIRST******

NOW HERE THIS: ALL FUTURE EHLRICH_GROUP UPDATES WILL OCCUR IN THIS TOP POST TO EASE ACCESS AND READABLITY

FEATURES:
1 || Auto-Assist-On-Click: Automatically triggers Assist and Auto-attack when the GroupMembers name is clicked. Normal assist targeting still occurs upon clicking elsewhere in the GroupMember window.
2 || Auto-Resize: No more having to worry about resizing your group window. This feature enables the window to stretch or shrink itself depending on how many members are in group

UPDATE v0.6
--------------------------------

There actually have been no real changes to the file, however I have decided that because I haven't felt the need to change anything, and noone has given any negative responses, I uploaded the vert style to the downloads page. It'll take a while for approval prolly, but I made a step farther in that direction.
UPDATE v0.5.1 (HAS BEEN UPLOADED SEE BOTTOM)
------------------------------------------------------
1 || Feedback suggested to dulldown member names. Looked in game and realized I did have them a tad on the brightside, so I dumbed them ... er DULLED them back down.
2 || Both EhlricGroup_Vert *AND* EhlricGroup_Horz have been added. See thumbnails and pick whichever you prefer.

Other pending updates include an EhlricGroup F1-F6 window. This will most likely be available in vertical only, unless there is demand for it.

Also, keep an eye out for upcoming EhlricPlayer and Ehlric Target.

UPDATE v0.5 BETA
-------------------------------------------
1 || Changed window outlines from beige/gold to grey. Adjusted outlines so that everything was symmetrical and pretty like.
2 || Changed the name background colors to be a bit brighter.
3 || Removed toggle button for the time being, because the durn thing doesn't work right at all. Considering creating a horizontal version for those that desire it.
4 || Feedback suggests that I implement F1 into the group window as well. At present there are no plans to do so, because I would have to readjust all window sizes, and I dont want to do that just yet. Also, my upcoming Ehlric_Player is designed to augment/complement the group window. As soon as I get a layout I am pleased with, I will release it in BETA in a nother thread.

v0.4 BETA
------------------------------------
Implemented Layout Toggle button.
Group window will now rearrange itself based on personal preference.
Cut Main Window size down to 256pixels long, so that when the group window is full in horizontal layout, total GroupWindow length is 1280pixels.

v0.3 BETA
Implemented Vertical Stretch/Shrink effects.
Main Group window will automatically resize on adding/removing of group members.
No more hassle of not being able to see your members
Greatly Enlarged Group Progressbars because the stock one is just too darn small.

v0.2 BETA
-----------------------------------
Decided to use Zonx FetishGroup as a mold for the mod.
Replaced his group progressbar styles with his standard styles.
Removed/Hid Effects Icons from GroupMember windows, because I don't need them.

v0.1 BETA
Initial Concept, see First thumbnail.

CREDITS:

Zonks: For his unyielding "support" and willingness to put up with my inane and asinine questions. Also, many features have been borrowed from his various resources, whether it be coding, DDS files, or what-have-you. For his shrinko-matic windows and such, because they were my inspiration for this window tweak.

Sunthas: The original design was based loosely off of his Moab-style Target and Implied Target Windows.

Talyns: For created the exzact look of a UI that I wanted before I knew I wanted it. I used a few of his DDS files for my backgrounds and such.

Unknown: Credit going to all those lovely people who actually tried my UI and gave me feedback on it. And anyone else I might have forgotten

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-12-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Unread 04-05-2005, 07:21 PM
A Griffon

Default Updated Ehlric Group Window

NOTICE: THIS MOD USES A MODIFIED EQ2UI.INI FILE AS WELL AS ARIAL TYPE FONT. ALL NECESSARY FILES WILL BE INCLUDED

UPDATE: After some further fiddling around, I have created a much cleaner, compact version of Ehlric_Group. At the bottom you will find an updated screenshot.

A nice feature of this group window is that it resizes itself depending on full your group is. As of right now, it only operates vertically, although I am in the works of creating a vertical/horizontal toggle. In horizontal mode, the group window should stretch the full length of the screen (1280x1024).

I also have hidden the group member effects. Being a tank, I find no need of these, as I can't do anything about it anyway. Each group of effects icons are still in their corresponding windows, I have simply moved them out of the display range. I might create a version with the displays at a later date.

Please feel free to critque this mod, which I will post as soon as possible.

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-05-2005 at 11:09 PM.
Unread 04-05-2005, 11:18 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

I think it looks very good. Professional, sleet, and not too showy. However, the light tan/baige'ish color around it looks a little out of place. Maybe, a darker grey, or even black might look a little better.

Other than that, it looks very well done. What I like about it is how well you can distinguish between the health and power bards. With most mods, they try to be so compact, you can't see the group members' power bars, and that could be hazardous in a given situation.

All in all, well done, just tone the colors down a bit.
Unread 04-05-2005, 11:22 PM
A Griffon

Default v0.5b Ehlrich_Group

UPDATES:

1. Changed total window width to 256pixels, in anticipation for the upcoming variable format.
2. My Vert/Horiz toggle button has been giving me major problems, so I ditched it for now.
3. Did not test with full group, but the vertical resizing seems to be working with the small group I had.

KNOWN BUGS:
1. I don't believe that the GroupMember Healthpercent is working right. I will look into it. So far, thats the only bug
-----------
I feel comfortable enough with it, I am attaching the group window as is. As far as I know there arent any bugs, but *shrug* I ain't the best.

Credit for this mod goes to:
Sunthas: for the original look and idea.
Zonx: For his willingness to put up with my questions, inane or otherwise

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS GROUP WINDOW USES CUSTOM SETTINGS WHICH HAVE BEEN PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. DO NOT INSTALL INTO YOUR CURRENT UI FOLDER, PLEASE MAKE A NEW ONE.

NOTE: Forgot to add the attachment, so here ya go!

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-07-2005 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Adding attachments and info
Unread 04-05-2005, 11:35 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamintar
I think it looks very good. Professional, sleet, and not too showy. However, the light tan/baige'ish color around it looks a little out of place. Maybe, a darker grey, or even black might look a little better.

Other than that, it looks very well done. What I like about it is how well you can distinguish between the health and power bards. With most mods, they try to be so compact, you can't see the group members' power bars, and that could be hazardous in a given situation.

All in all, well done, just tone the colors down a bit.
By tan/light beige I assume you mean the border/frame? Or are you talking about GroupMember2 spefically. Yeah I might change the color on #2. The border, I dunno. I like my borders gold (thats the color its supposed to be anyhow) Besides, I have most of my windows set with sero bacground, and the gold border looks pretty good with full transparency. I could see about switching the borders around. Gotta see what I got *starts searching for his DDS viewer*

I decided with a larger group window because, as a tank, its vital for me to pay attention to others health, and the stock is so small, I can barely see it. Its meant to go int the corner of the screen and not take up too much space.
Full size is 256x210. The reason why it is 256 is for when I implement the horizontal layout option, which would then spread the total length of 1280 (thus stretching full screen length, top or bottom) Havin problems with that though. Heh

Thanks for the input, I highly suggest that you download the file and test it for me for bugs ...er ... thats if I included it with my last message. Heh.

Darrin
Unread 04-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Bellum Aeternus
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

I like the look, very nice. Now if only we could show the player's class like the raid window does...
Unread 04-06-2005, 12:13 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirebrand
I like the look, very nice. Now if only we could show the player's class like the raid window does...
It's a good thing you mentioned that. I was just going through gamedata, and it appears that you can. I'll create an alternate file and try and squeeze that in in the top bar. It shouldn't be too difficult.

Thankyou for mentioning that. Perhaps that will be in v0.6beta
Unread 04-06-2005, 12:01 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

I dont know if they fixed the group members % in patch 6 or not , but all the data was there just not activated. Thats why your % dont work
Unread 04-06-2005, 12:28 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
I dont know if they fixed the group members % in patch 6 or not , but all the data was there just not activated. Thats why your % dont work
Thats what I had figured. I was looking at the default group window at It appeare that everything was pushed from the server, ie no dynamicdata in the progressbars.
Unread 04-06-2005, 12:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

They added the dynamic data names to the file a few patches ago, but it's not functional yet.
Unread 04-06-2005, 01:15 PM
A Griffon

UPDATE:
Modified GroupMember Name background colors, They are a bit brighter. Let me know if this is a positive change or bad. Thats basically the only change. Tried adding level/class dynamic data, but as this thread states, they are not functional at present.

Since I am having so many problems with the vertical button, I am prolly going to make a vertical group as an option. Maybe. I have an idea for the border/frame reskin, I just hafta find out what to pull from, and or modify.

Thanks
Darrin

Note: Forgot to upload pick, but thats ok cuz its obselete now. New pic on way.

UPDATE 2:
I have decided that all future updates will be posted in the first post, for easy access and to lessen frustrations. The format will be similar too:
UPDATE v0.6
--------------------------
Stuffffff

UPDATE v0.5
----------
stuff.

And so on. So look there first for the important stuff. Thanks.

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-07-2005 at 02:42 AM.
Unread 04-07-2005, 02:26 AM
A Griffon

Default Not An Official Update

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL UPDATE. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FILE

I am merely placing a file here for Zonx to look at, so's he can fix mah button.
That's it. Unless you have a FetishUI and are so inclined to try and fix mah button, then iggy dis post.

Tanku bery much

Darrin

Last edited by dc_roenfanz : 04-07-2005 at 02:32 AM.
Unread 04-07-2005, 01:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

It's looking nice, I like the style... but I must say that all the different colors of the group member rows reall throws your (my) eyes into a twisted wreck. If I kinda focus on nothing I can see all the hp bars... but I dunno. I would think that so many colors would make it confusing.
Unread 04-07-2005, 05:28 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
It's looking nice, I like the style... but I must say that all the different colors of the group member rows reall throws your (my) eyes into a twisted wreck. If I kinda focus on nothing I can see all the hp bars... but I dunno. I would think that so many colors would make it confusing.
Thanks. I took your advice and dulled downt the names a bit. Hope that was enough. I might make an all-grey version. I dunno. been toying with it in my head. Haven't really decided though.

Thanks for the input!!
Darrin
Unread 04-07-2005, 05:30 PM
A Griffon

Default There Has Been An Update

This is a reminder to everyone that I have updated EhlricGroup. Please look at the first post for update notes and attachments.

Thankyou,
Ehlric AKA Darrin
Unread 04-08-2005, 06:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Unread 04-08-2005, 06:53 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemius
I'll take this as a complement.