EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 05-29-2009, 04:17 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default I hate Vista and the 64 bit op system!

Can anyone plz help me!! I bought a sweet gaming PC when my old one crashed for the umpteenth time and put EQII on it... now I cant find any UI that will work with the 64 bit operating system and vista! This is a really good PC but it is DRIVING ME NUTS!!! I tried Profit and Fetish (liked Fetish the best) on my old PC... but so far I cant get ANY UI to work. Any advice will be great!!
Unread 05-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Click on the start orb then click on your account picture then click on Turn User Account Control on or off then uncheck Use user account Control(UAC) to help protect you computer then click the OK button then click the red X.
Unread 05-31-2009, 05:38 PM
A Brown Bear

The Uac is off... put it on my desk top even to try it that way.... still getting a message saying it cant find the EverquestII.exe file....
Unread 05-31-2009, 05:51 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblazzez View Post
The Uac is off... put it on my desk top even to try it that way.... still getting a message saying it cant find the EverquestII.exe file....
the exact message is:
EverQuest2.exe not found!
Please set your Everquest II directory in "settings, filepaths" first!
Unread 05-31-2009, 05:57 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
the exact message is:
I'm somewhat mystified as to why don't just do what the message tells you instead of posting it here.

Or, if you want to install Fetish as your forum choice and the OP indicates, best follow Zonx' installation instructions for his UI, you appear to be posting about ProfitUI here.
Unread 05-31-2009, 06:36 PM
A Brown Bear

I have been trying both UIs.... I dont know how to do what the message wants me to do... I am not a compleat dolt but I have no idea how to do this stuff... I have followed the instructions to the T and it still wont work. The Profit ui gives me that message and the Fetish wont tell me anything at all but still wont work... Yes right now I feel like a compleat idiot because I have people telling me to simply do this or that and I try but no one has told me yet step by step on how to do it. I am not a computer programer nore taken any computer classes... I am a stay at home mom who has a big problem with her game and no idea on how to get it working. Please if you can help then plz respon with help... but dont you think if I knew how to do what the message was telling me or that if I knew what I was doing wrong I would not be in the forums to begin with?!?
Unread 06-01-2009, 11:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Default For anyone trying Profit with the Vista 64 bit

For anyone trying Profit with the Vista 64 bit... download the manual one to your sony/EverquestII file. Don't use the auto updater... I FINALLY had someone smart enough to tell me how to do this insted of posting insulting remarks and being retarded. To all those that really tried to help... Thank you! To those of you who said stupid things like "why don't just do what the message tells you instead of posting it here.", here is a clue (because you need one!) Not all the people that use this game are computer programmers nor do they come up with the programs on here... some of us know how to use the programs but not how it works... if people are posting on here, HELP them! Don't make STUPID remarks to them, because all that does is make you look stupid. Oh and there was no help for Fetish at all.
Unread 06-02-2009, 06:00 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Quote:
the exact message is:
What this message is stating is to tell the auto updater where your everquest directory is located (since you have now moved it). Dont give up on the auto updater just yet. Start the auto updater, then go to settings, then file paths. Then in everquest ii folder, put the location of your everquest files. If you click the choose button, you can use the window explorer to find it instead of having to type it all out. If you placed the folder on the desktop, there may be too many sub folders to get correct if you try to type it. It may just be easier to place it on c:/sony/everquestii than on the desktop.

edit...
ps I will not cross post my answer to your other replies that you have in other threads.
Unread 06-02-2009, 06:01 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Oh and there was no help for Fetish at all.
Because all you said was you tried Fetish. Your later posts all referenced Profit.

Fetish doesn't have an updater. All you do is extract the zip into Program Files (x86)/Sony/EverQuest II/ or whereever your EverQuest II folder is.
Unread 06-02-2009, 06:07 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Oh and there was no help for Fetish at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Or, if you want to install Fetish as your forum choice and the OP indicates, best follow Zonx' installation instructions for his UI, you appear to be posting about ProfitUI here.
Yes, there was, you are just being obnoxious, that's all, flaunting your "I'm computer illiterate" flag as if it was an excuse to not have to read even the simplest of instructions that people have posted to you, waiting to be spoon fed the info instead. Sorry, but it had to be said.
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:21 AM
A Berserk Golem

Default Fetish

Fetish usually will try to create a UI folder in the UI folder.

Like C:/Program Files/Sony/EverquestII/UI/UI/FetishNightfall

Just drag the UI back to everquestII and overright.

Then take the eq2.ini and copy it to the EverquestII folder.

Make sure to run the Map Updater program.

Hope that helps. I like Nightfall best. Profit seems to eat screen real estate to much for me.
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc50er View Post
Fetish usually will try to create a UI folder in the UI folder.

Like C:/Program Files/Sony/EverquestII/UI/UI/FetishNightfall

Just drag the UI back to everquestII and overright.

Then take the eq2.ini and copy it to the EverquestII folder.

Make sure to run the Map Updater program.

Hope that helps. I like Nightfall best. Profit seems to eat screen real estate to much for me.
I think you're extracting to the wrong destination folder; if you extract it to the EverQuest II folder you shouldn't have that extra UI/ in there =)
Unread 06-02-2009, 11:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default simple.

right click, select "run as administrator" fixes most problems.
Unread 06-03-2009, 11:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Never had an issue with my 64bit Vista...I use Profit though and love it. but then again someone will always have an issue with something that MS puts out.
Unread 06-06-2009, 03:54 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

I was on vacation or would have responded to this sooner.

There are very explicit and detailed installation instructions for Fetish in a stickied thread on these forumns, which include instuctions and links for installing the EQ2Maps auto-updater.

A common mistake is to extract the Fetish ZIP to the UI directory rather than the Everquest II directory. Once you have EQ2Maps installed and working, installing Fetish is a simple ZIP extraction to correct directory.

Attempting to install Profit probably complicated the problem by overwriting the eq2.ini pointing to Fetish.

If you still want to try Fetish, I suggest you follow the installation instructions as best you can, then if its not working... post the symptoms before messing with another UI.

I'm happy to help if I can.
Unread 06-17-2009, 01:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Can anyone plz help me!! I bought a sweet gaming PC when my old one crashed for the umpteenth time and put EQII on it... now I cant find any UI that will work with the 64 bit operating system and vista! This is a really good PC but it is DRIVING ME NUTS!!! I tried Profit and Fetish (liked Fetish the best) on my old PC... but so far I cant get ANY UI to work. Any advice will be great!!
I am using Vista x64 Ultimate and have never had a problem with Fetish or EQ2. Sounds like the issue is isolated to something on your machine configuration/compatibility wise.