EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 11-26-2010, 06:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Performance Buttons

First off, I dont generally use complete mod packages because I often find them clunky and full of useless fluff - like when you buy a new computer and it comes with bloatware. I have to say though, I've been digging your UI alot - thanks!

I just recently started playing again after a loong hiatus so I'm a little out of the loop on mods, etc - even after trying to do some research.

(Welcome, acidm0on.
You last visited: 03-14-2005 at 11:08 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.)

I have found a few mods that allow custom performance profiles in game - kosmos, laff's, one that requires fetish etc. The first two I cant seem to get working, the last requires installing the fetish UI, and I'd rather stay with drums.

Does anyone know of a working UI mod that has the on the fly performance buttons that plays nice with Drums?

Thanks in advance!
Unread 11-26-2010, 07:17 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I haven't really put any time at all into Performance "Quick swap buttons" mostly because I find it fairly easy to just open the options window and load a preset that way. The 2 buttons Load and Save in the options window are for just this (and not specific the Keyboard layout dropdown which resides very close to the buttons; it's misleading).

Basically setup a performance you like and save it, and do any other optional ones if needed...
Now, I fully understand the usefulness of pre-set performance layouts, but I personally hardly ever change my settings, and find it to be very pc-specific stuff! So... I've never put the time into coming up with any sort of presets to share.

I don't know of any standalone mods offhand, but I'm sure someone could make one pretty easily.

PS. Welcome back to the game! Glad you like the UI.
Unread 11-26-2010, 08:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up

Thanks for the quick reply and warm welcome~!

I feel like a tard - especially since I'm not technically an EQ2 noob! As you pretty much guessed;

"The 2 buttons Load and Save in the options window are for just this (and not specific the Keyboard layout dropdown which resides very close to the buttons; it's misleading)."

Even though it makes way more sense for Load and Save to be associated with profile options, for some reason all these years in the back of my mind I always associated that with the Keyboard layout dropdown lol.

I'm not lazy and this is pretty much all I need - thanks a ton! Helps when you're running more then one instance of the game on one box
Unread 11-26-2010, 09:02 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Agreed. It is a very misleading location of those buttons. I don't have any real reason to modify the options window, otherwise I'd probably move them a bit, or add a label