EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

View Poll Results: On the topic of Decorative Elements, should I?
Create my own in an attempted High-Tech Style. (Look at Fetish ReVert for examples) 2 100.00%
Remove them entirely, in favor of a flatter Design Style. 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-03-2021, 12:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default FetMod-Modern, An Unofficial FetishUI Mod

Introducing FetMod-Modern, my take on attempting to make FetishUI more modernized. Basic design elements will be based on MacOS design language.

This is my first ever attempt at UI modding, so bear with me; I'm learning as I go.

Most things you see here are subject to change, a lot of decorative elements will be removed, to keep in line with the minimalistic design.(such as the gold header bar in the Guild Window)

Will also be making other colored themes;

Aqua Blue
Black (Pretty much MacOS Dark Mode)
Brown/Tan
Blue
Green
Pink
Purple (Default)
Red
White (Pretty Much MacOS)

Let me know what you guys think. Feel free to criticize me if it's ugly, etc, but not for the basic concept; I feel that a modern UI should be an option for those that like such, so I made one. Mostly made for myself, but I figured that there's at least one other person out there that would appreciate it as well.

And if Zonx is still out there somewhere, I will immediately change the title if you ask.
Unread 03-04-2021, 02:45 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Valor

Very nice , great work !
Unread 03-04-2021, 02:01 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I agree, looks very fresh. The MacOS dark mode will be interesting to see. Is this going to be a graphics-only addon, or the whole of Fetish repackaged?

Unread 03-04-2021, 11:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
I agree, looks very fresh. The MacOS dark mode will be interesting to see. Is this going to be a graphics-only addon, or the whole of Fetish repackaged?

Entire Fetish (Somewhat of a farce... I've returned a lot of it to using common WindowElements.dds... A lot of the old Window modules are broken/look wrong, so I'll tweak them as I go. Default Window .xml's look pretty nice with just my customized WindowElements.dds) +My own tweaks/bits and bobs I borrowed off this site as standalone modules.

Would also like to ask you about including Harvest Helper in the official package (or as an official addon. I already skinned it for my UI and have it working.)

Granted: I'm a total newb at .xml, so I'm having to learn a lot as I go. Fetish was outdated to the point of being practically broken when I started. Which makes me kinda sad. The ReVert Skin (Which was my starting point) was a high-tech look for a really dated interface. It actually helped lure me into the modding side of things.

(Sorry for delay. Forum Notifications usually suck pretty bad)
(I would love to join DarqSide for the tutorials and help, but I'm a poor College Student living on Government Disability; which barely lets me pay my EQ2 sub, let alone swing other recurring charges. )
Unread 03-05-2021, 08:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Been tinkering about with the default Tier "Brackets" (The UI Element displayed when a Heroic/Epic is targeted)

They will change shape/color depending on the Tier. (Weak (Blue), Normal (Green), Heroic (Gold), Epic (Red... Is displayed in Screenshot)... I have killed off the Epic 2X/3X/4X indicators, I couldn't figure out a good way to reimplement them.)

Let me know what you think of it. Or if I should scrap the idea lol.
Unread 03-08-2021, 12:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I think its looking good
Unread 03-11-2021, 12:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

So it's a bit of a change in direction, but instead of a lot of loose windows, I want to make a "Superbar" sort of element, with dropdown menus for important functions, that stretches the top edge of the screen. Will contain the XP Bar, Startbutton, Player1 stats, Target, ImpliedTarget, and(haven't figured this one out yet) Detrimentals.