EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 02-04-2017, 02:24 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost
Default Kicked out when using quest helper

When I am in the quest helper and click on any of the website links for assistance on a quest I get kicked out of the game. I recently did a clean install of Profit UI and am using the Profit UI Community edition under the /loadui command.

Any help is appreciated .... I'm too dumb to do quest without my quest helper and golden trail
Unread 02-04-2017, 02:33 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronni View Post
When I am in the quest helper and click on any of the website links for assistance on a quest I get kicked out of the game. I recently did a clean install of Profit UI and am using the Profit UI Community edition under the /loadui command.

Any help is appreciated .... I'm too dumb to do quest without my quest helper and golden trail

Not using /loadui is the first hurdle. Going to a website with the in-game browser after using loadui is virtually a guaranteed crash. In the ProfitUI_CE Utility, go to the Files page and click "Make this UI the default." If the blue command link says something like "Stop using this UI as your default" then click it twice.

Try logging in and you should have ProfitUI without needing the /loadui command. The browser may still crash, in which case you can delete or rename eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml in your ProfitUI_CE folder. This will load the default browser the next time you restart the game. The default browser is very lightweight and stands less of a chance of crashing your game session.

Unread 02-04-2017, 03:57 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Files Page

"Stop using this UI as your default" then click it twice. Was able to do this.

When I logged into the game there was a screen waiting for me to pick the Profit UI resolution. I picked the highest.

It still looked like the default UI ..... also there were no links on the quest helper screen to go to WIKI, Zam or any where else.

Where did I make my error ?

Last edited by Ronni : 02-04-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Unread 02-04-2017, 04:59 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

On the LaunchPad, click the Tools button in the lower left and then click "Open Game Directory." Make a note of the folder path in the window that appears. Now on the Files page of the ProfitUI Utility click "Open in File Explorer." The second path should match the first, with \UI\ProfitUI_CE added onto the end.

Unread 02-04-2017, 09:21 PM
A Brown Bear

Yes, it is all working again. I can not thank you enough!!!!!!