EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 01-11-2012, 09:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Lightbulb Spell Effects in "eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml"

Ive been working to add Spell Effects into my main player window. Not as easy as it seems. I was able to simply copy and paste "Maintained Effects".

The Code I copied over looks easy enough, but when transferred over, the background items show up, not the spell gems or tool tips.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="956,487" MaximumSize="1024,1024" MinimumSize="42,42" Name="Effects" PackLocation="right,bottom" ScrollExtent="68,232" Size="68,232" Tooltip=":420d9f72d322771c:Spell Effects" UserMovable="true" UserResizable="true" UserScrollable="false">
    <VolumePage AbsorbsInput="false" CellCount="6,8" CellSelectable="false" CellSize="25,25" Location="7,7" MinimumScrollExtent="164,218" Name="Volume" PackSize="absolute,absolute" ScrollExtent="164,219" Size="55,219" UserScrollable="false" VolumeFill="auto">
        <Icon BackgroundTint="#000000" IconStyle="/IconStyles.effect" Location="28,192" MaximumSize="25,25" MinimumSize="25,25" MouseOverColor="#FFFF00" Name="Effect1" ScrollExtent="25,25" Size="25,25" TreatAsButton="true" />
 </VolumePage>
    <Page AbsorbsInput="false" Name="WindowFrame" PackSize="absolute,absolute" ScrollExtent="68,232" Size="68,232">
        <Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="Frame" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,absolute" RStyleDefault="/WindowElements.DesktopWindowFrame.data.frame.rect" ScrollExtent="68,232" Size="68,232" />
        <Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="2,2" Name="Bkg" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,absolute" RStyleDefault="/WindowElements.DesktopWindowFrame.data.bkg.rect" ScrollExtent="65,228" Size="65,228" />
    </Page>
</Page>
Any ideas why the when "eq2ui_mainhud_effects.xml" is moved into Player.xml the spells dont show up.
Unread 01-11-2012, 11:08 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

The effects window uses no dynamic data, and it's information gets populated by the server most likely only due to the window's name and elements inside of it. There's probably no way to port it into another window.

You could possibly think about making that window your base window however...
Unread 01-12-2012, 05:07 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

There's probably stuff in the Player window that won't work outside as well.

It'd be safest to override both windows and have the Player window move the Effects window over itself via scripting. Assuming OnMove fires correctly when first loading the UI.
Unread 01-14-2012, 01:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Used "Effects" to build the Player window and works like a charm. All features are working fine. Now to start working on my other projects. Ive just made the player window not visable to avoid redundancy.
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:10 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Hmm, I was fairly certain that at least the detrimental type(ele/nox/mag/tra/cur) icons/count from the player window wouldn't transfer over to another window correctly. Possibly name coloring for auto-attack/group leadership, but I see you don't even list the character name.