Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 12-17-2004, 10:26 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: The Bazaar
Default EverQuest2 is Dead

Everything posted below is pointless
Sleep well noble MMORPG, we hardly knew ye.
Yet so many of us left our nice semi-safe homes in Everquest1 to be with you.
Now as the final hours close, and the first of the "world wipe" commands are typed, we wish you well.
No human, drow or dwarf thinks more highly than I do of the competence, as well as abilities, of the very worthy devs who have just addressed the major server crash.
But different people often see the same subject in different lights; and, therefore, I hope it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen if, entertaining as I do opinions of a character very opposite to theirs, I shall speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve.
This is no time for ceremony. The questing before the devs is one of awful moment to these everquest comunitys. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of opinion. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at truth, and fulfill the great responsibility which we hold to the lost Gods and our shared yet shattered world.
Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards the players, and of an act of disloyalty toward my UI mod fans, which I revere above of my other fans....

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me modding or give me perma-death!

Last edited by Sir Taleisin The Seer : 12-17-2004 at 10:34 PM.
Unread 12-17-2004, 11:34 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Taleisin The Seer
Now as the final hours close, and the first of the "world wipe" commands are typed, we wish you well.
No human, drow or dwarf thinks more highly than I do of the competence, as well as abilities, of the very worthy devs who have just addressed the major server crash.
But different people often see the same subject in different lights; and, therefore, I hope it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen if, entertaining as I do opinions of a character very opposite to theirs, I shall speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve.
This is no time for ceremony. The questing before the devs is one of awful moment to these everquest comunitys. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of opinion. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at truth, and fulfill the great responsibility which we hold to the lost Gods and our shared yet shattered world.
Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards the players, and of an act of disloyalty toward my UI mod fans, which I revere above of my other fans....

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me modding or give me perma-death!
being a little over reactive eh? Sure its down (for several hours now) but still...

thanks for the laugh though

edit: please note that i didn't at first see this "Everything posted below is pointless"

Cutanea

Last edited by Cutanea : 12-17-2004 at 11:36 PM.
Unread 12-17-2004, 11:57 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow

Sir Taleisin,

This down time reminds me of Beta and how we stress tested the chat channels on a regular basis

Talking about being down, think you can kick start the Seti page. Seems everything stalled back on Dec3. Now it says on the page a way to kick start it. Have you done so already or is it dead for good?

Thanks
Novawulf/Raesoth (EQ1 Nameless)
Ghanima/Chani/Giantfoot (EQ2 Blackburrow)

Last edited by Novawulf : 12-18-2004 at 12:01 AM.
Unread 12-18-2004, 12:02 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Taleisin The Seer

.. i'm bored too.

Unread 12-18-2004, 12:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Red face Lol?

wow....talk about over reacting!!! lol (1st post) lol
Unread 12-18-2004, 12:08 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Beta 2

yes if it's possible can you kick Seti Stat page in the rear end...please....

Quote:
Note: Occasionally the daily scripts that create this file failto generate each page correctly. If you think this has happened, then thefounder of this team can regenerate this file at any time by doing the following:

Click on "Edit this Group".
Enter the founder's SETI@home email address and password.
Click on the "Edit Group" button at the bottom of that page.
Would be much appreciated.
Unread 12-18-2004, 12:18 AM
A Griffon

Server: The Bazaar

aye I've been having to manually reset the SETI team page, it should be normal ( or close to it ) tomorrow morning.

ohh and I thought this would be much better than just the standard way people complain about the servers being down

<EDIT> the seti team page has been refreshed

Last edited by Sir Taleisin The Seer : 12-18-2004 at 12:23 AM.
Unread 12-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

*twitches*

Well I guess this is a good time to catch up on some web work.

ohhh and remember the uibuilder program still works(for most of you) so get back to work on new interfaces!
Unread 12-18-2004, 04:36 AM
A Brown Bear

its not dead.. the devs just spilled some more coffee on the servers
Unread 12-18-2004, 06:29 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

As of 6:24 EST servers are still not up (DISCLAIMER: not trying to start a rumor) With the message from in game before they went down they said they were going to try and restore to the 7am pst patch save point. This worries me. I wonder if we will even have toons when we get back on..
Unread 12-18-2004, 07:18 AM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

Here is a page that shows real time status of the eq2 servers...

pretty much just displays the patch info in the patcher but has an auto refresh feature

http://www.pathset.net/eq2mon/

hopefully it will be up soon!
________
Vaporizergenie.com

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Unread 12-18-2004, 08:59 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyis3l33t
Here is a page that shows real time status of the eq2 servers...

pretty much just displays the patch info in the patcher but has an auto refresh feature

http://www.pathset.net/eq2mon/

hopefully it will be up soon!
Hmmm... When I click on the address.. All I get is:

No web site is configured at this address.
Unread 12-18-2004, 11:33 AM
A Griffon

Well I'm happy to say I won $500.00 on a bet that the servers would not be back up by 7:00am PST on Saturday, and stand to win another $500.00 if they are still down at 7:00am PST on Sunday.

I love this game and hate to see it down like this, but I tend to agree with the first post. The longer SoE takes to bring it back online the worse it's going to get for them. I.E. people that were giving it a chance will jump ship to WoW. In another 1 1/2 Hours from when I posted this message the servers will have been down a full 24 hours. On a side note to all of this, late last night the GM's in chat were telling everyone to go an play on the Test Server (Test Server has been up the entire time).

Just my 2cp.
Unread 12-18-2004, 11:59 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Test Server???

Test Server my ass....
And I payed for a station access pass for this??? WTF?

They better have plans to pro-rate our billing... 24 hours of downtime???
AND EQ1 was offline as well... They won't hear the end!

Also, WoW is just blehhh. Blizard should go back to working on Diablo III
Unread 12-18-2004, 12:05 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

First: There is such a thing as bad luck. the proverbial "crap" does happen from time to time, so don't get your pantyhose in a knot.. it serves no purpose other than to agitate yourself.

Second: May I recommend a closer look at :Guild Wars if you're interested in a diablo'esque clone? A self-professed cross between Diablo / Everquest / Counterstrike, it's a rather interesting game, which should be arriving in January afaik.
Unread 12-18-2004, 12:11 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodarian
Test Server my ass....
And I payed for a station access pass for this??? WTF?

They better have plans to pro-rate our billing... 24 hours of downtime???
AND EQ1 was offline as well... They won't hear the end!

Also, WoW is just blehhh. Blizard should go back to working on Diablo III
His 1 post.. Hehe.. i chuckle
Unread 12-18-2004, 12:36 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Befallen

Should've never bought that year-long subscription. Darn my unending desire to save money in long term situations!
Unread 12-18-2004, 01:47 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Look on the bright side.. you saved $12 which should just about suffice to rent a DVD or two, which will keep you occupied for a whopping 4 hours while the servers are down.. in fact.. watch them twice and revel in your ability to save money
Unread 12-18-2004, 01:50 PM
A Brown Bear

Exclamation bad bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
Well I'm happy to say I won $500.00 on a bet that the servers would not be back up by 7:00am PST on Saturday, and stand to win another $500.00 if they are still down at 7:00am PST on Sunday.

Dont do ieet you will lose that 500 fall back now they are gonna get it up today i've just got a hunch about it.
Unread 12-18-2004, 01:52 PM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

hrm somethin happened to the site i guess, luckily i saved a copy so i wouldnt have to rely on them here is the code, jsut copy paste it into notepad and save it as something.html, then open it

It is currently set to auto refresh every 5 min

Code:
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content= "300">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><title>EQ2 Server Status LIVE!</title></head>
<body bgcolor="#f2f2f2">
<div align="center">
<br> <strong> <font color='#990000' size='4' face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'>EQ2 Update Notes live feed!</font></strong>  <br> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body>
</body>
</html>
<br>
  <font color="#666666" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Please shower 
  or sleep, you probably need both.</font><br>
  <font color="#666666" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Press 
  stop on your browser to quit refreshing.</font> <br>
  <iframe src="http://patch.everquest2.com:7010/patch/eq2/motd/en/updates_live.html" width="800" height="600"></iframe>
  <br>  
  <font color="#666666" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Press F5 to continue refreshing.</font> </div>
<div align="center"><br>

<br>
</div>
</body>
</html>
Shows eq2's update page that is displayed on the eq2 patcher with auto update!

another way to do this is hitting F5 over and over again inside the eq2 patcher
________
MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES GOLETA

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:14 AM.