EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 12-10-2007, 01:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default After long absence, uninstall, no mods to the map

I did some searching and I can't find anything that seems to fit this problem. I quit playing in april and I removed EQ2 from my computers but did not delete the directory. After ROK I bought the expansion and installed it, and it seemed to use my old profit UI settings straight away. I DL the newest version of profit and installed to avoid any UI conflicts with the game version updates.

I DL the 1014 version of eq2map updater and installed it, but there are no POI on the map and some of the other controls that I vaguely recall are missing (window for entering coords, POI filter buttons). It seems like the eq2map mod isn't working at all. I uninstalled the auto-updater, deleted the eq2map and images folders from the UI directory, installed 1015 and it doesn't seem to help. No error messages, just no effect on the game map.

Anything I can do short of wiping the game folder clean and trying over again? Thanks for taking a look at my problem.

Last edited by loko : 12-10-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

If your not getting eq2map in the game that means its not installing it self correctly. One reason it may not install it self correctly is if you have multiple installations of EQ2. (Assuming everything downloads correctly after you installed the eq2map patcher)

So open the eq2map patcher. Click on the options button and make sure you have the correct path to your active EQ2 folder in there.
Unread 12-10-2007, 06:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

It seems good, and the autolaunch fires ok. I browsed to it and set it manually just to be sure. Also checked to make sure the UI directory was legit, and it seems to be the right one. eq2ini also points to that UI directory. Thanks for the suggestion, though. Still no eq2map.
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:17 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Judging from your description you may have installed into the wrong folder. Check the ProfitUI FAQ on how to install EQ2MAP. It must update to your ProfitUI folder, not a separate EQ2MAP folder. You can check the folder it updates to in the options of the EQ2MAP updater under the "UI Directory" dropdown.
Unread 12-11-2007, 02:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for your suggestion. The eq2map and images folders I mentioned before are in the "c:\program files\sony\everquest II\UI\ProfitUI" folder. The only option I have in the EQ2map options menu for UI directory is "ProfitUI".

I just downloaded the eq2map manual install, extracted that into the profitUI folder, and then extracted your 431 profit ui reborn into the everquest II directory again as implied in your provided link. It still seems to be non-functional.

Let me know if something seems wrong. I think I might need to uninstall and nuke the whole sony folder and start over clean a couple of days from now if I can't find anything wrong.
Unread 12-18-2007, 05:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for your help guys. I have no idea why but wiping all the server-toonname files and just starting over with a default resolution profitui reborn UI allowed it to work. My guess is the old files, for whatever reason, were not properly connecting to the folder as you mentioned. All is better now after half an hour of shuffling hotbars. Thanks!