EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 07-09-2006, 02:09 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost
Default A (Theoretically) Simple Exp Bar Fix....

I've been playing with this idea a bit recently, but haven't had any luck actually implementing it successfully. But I think that's more because I'm groping around in the dark, than because it's not actually possible.

So, I'm hoping someone who's got more practice with XML scripting can figure out how to make it work....

The problem we're seeing with exp bars right now, of course, is that the game has started rounding the "GameData.Self.ExperienceCurrent" (henceforth just "Current") dynamic data value. That means that the mods which show experience to tenths of a percent by displaying "Current" + decimal point + last digit of "GameData.Self.ExperienceBubble" (henceforth just "Bubble") show incorrect values whenever "Bubble" is greater than 49%.

That rounding needs to be undone.

It *should* be fairly simple to do so.

(a) Set "Variable1" to "Current."
(b) Set "Variable2" to "Bubble."
(c) If "Variable2" > 49, subtract one from "Variable1" (undoing the rounding).
(d) Display "Variable1" + decimal point + last digit of "Variable2."

As I said, though, I haven't managed to actually implement such a scheme successfully, but I'm reasonably certain it *can* be done. I can get bits of the idea to partially work, but I'm really not sure what I'm doing, and before I spend much more time on it, I figured I'd check to see if anyone else can get it to work more quickly.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)

EDIT: There is one potential problem with this idea, even if it can be implemented successfully. When the dynamic data is displayed directly, of course, it updates regularly. Would the info still update regularly if the dynamic data was copied to variables, which were then displayed, or would the data in that case only update whenever the window was forcibly updated, as by closing and reopening it?

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 07-09-2006 at 02:14 PM.