EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 07-05-2011, 01:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Color Options Suggestion

Hello Drums!

First i want to say I love the UI. Its great! I was wondering though if there was a possibility of getting different color schemes for it? I craft a lot and looking at the blue crafting window gets a little old. Ive checked out other crafting UI Mods but none seem to have all the features yours do even if they are colorful

Thank you!

Naid
Unread 07-05-2011, 02:21 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naidine View Post
Hello Drums!

First i want to say I love the UI. Its great! I was wondering though if there was a possibility of getting different color schemes for it? I craft a lot and looking at the blue crafting window gets a little old. Ive checked out other crafting UI Mods but none seem to have all the features yours do even if they are colorful

Thank you!

Naid
It's possible, but I'm not one who dabbles with the art files much, so it is less likely to happen anytime soon.

Should I happen to have some extra spare time next time I'm messing around in photoshop, I could easily create other simple color styles (background, buttons, etc) but nothing super fancy!
Unread 07-05-2011, 04:49 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

If you need/want some help with art files Drumstix. Drop me a line, i would be more than happy to help,

Draven
Unread 07-05-2011, 06:48 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

I picture my UI is a Black/Silver mix soonish

Go go you can do it
Unread 07-05-2011, 04:56 PM
A Griffon

hehe, its up to drumstix, its his work
Unread 07-05-2011, 07:59 PM
A Griffon
Featured

These are the main files that I edited to alter my UI to the "blue" color, changing from the default "red":
  • buttons_master.dds
  • commonelements.dds
  • specialelements.dds
  • widgets03.dds
  • window_elements_generic.dds
  • window_elements_specific.dds
  • windowelements.dds

So feel free to use those and alter them to your heart's desire and post a zip/image of your work. I'll gladly add alternative appearance zips to the updater, since they are completely optional.
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:41 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
These are the main files that I edited to alter my UI to the "blue" color, changing from the default "red":
  • buttons_master.dds
  • commonelements.dds
  • specialelements.dds
  • widgets03.dds
  • window_elements_generic.dds
  • window_elements_specific.dds
  • windowelements.dds

So feel free to use those and alter them to your heart's desire and post a zip/image of your work. I'll gladly add alternative appearance zips to the updater, since they are completely optional.
I do an Black and silver version soon, I have one client to finish before I can "play"

Any other version you want done, let me know. I can do a few at a time.

Last edited by Draven_Caine : 07-06-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Unread 07-13-2011, 07:35 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.29

Update Log:
v1.29 - 2011.07.13
- New [SpellTimer]: Spell Timer mod included. Track up to 15 spells per-character. Access via Main Menu window.
- New [Guild]: Added a Calendar toggle button to the top-left corner of the window.
- Update [Maintained]: Click-to-cancel overlays have been given a color and are now closer to 50% of the icon.
- Update [TargetCasting]: The Target Casting window can now be toggled from the Main Menu window, and will be saved in an open-state on per-character basis.
- Update [MainMenu]: A drop down has been added to replace the Show Titles toggle. You can now quickly show either Horizontal or Vertical setup on player name titles.
- Update [MainChat]: The chat window's scrollabar is now located on the right and will AutoHide when the mouse is off the window. Toggling the window Titlebar will now toggle the chat input so you can hide chat input on secondary chat windows. The chat tabs are no longer controlled by the Frame opacity slider. The old chat window is available in the variant folder.
- Update [Raid]: Added a overlay handle/image to both move and right-click the raid window easier. Click buttons & cures should be more dependable. Re-coded buttons' display code.
- Update [Group]: Click buttons & cures should be more dependable. Re-coded buttons' display code.
- Update [Experience]: Reordering the XP bars now saves between sessions and per character. PVP infamy bar has been added. Debt/UnspentAA texts now display over the bar, and only when they are not zero.
- Fix [Player]: The Click Button Settings button should now stay functional when switching between characters.

But save these files to backup your Quick Button settings, Item Notes, and Spell Timers:
- /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml
- /POI/drumsui_itemnotes.xml
- /POI/drumsui_spelltimer.xml

(If you had any saved from 1.28 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the custom settings files if you already have them, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 07-13-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Unread 07-16-2011, 11:44 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Lucan DLere

Got a problem where after a while my player window does this:

The percentage of power displayed at the end of the bar kind of shifts INTO the end of the bar.. but not the HP percentage. Completely exiting the game and restarting fixes it. It's been happening since I came back to the game in April, before and after I've updated.

Happens after I switch to different characters a number of times. Annoying because it interferes with the cure buttons since it seems to shift my entire window to the side a bit.

Also, after I updated it last, is the exp debt and number of unspent points supposed to be inside the end of the exp bar? It's also annoying me.

I can get screenshots if you'd like. UI hasn't done the percentage shifting thing *yet* today so I don't have one yet. It seems to mostly happen on my Mystic, but then I found it happening on my Illusionist as well. I'm logging to them while they have a pet out if that means anything.
Unread 07-16-2011, 06:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The shifting around in the player window is strange, but definitely get a screen shot if you can. There is something really odd about that window when switching toons, and I have nooo idea why. I had to specifically fix that Open Settings button because of it.

As for the numbers on the xp bar, yes the Debt and Unspent points were moved. Because they only show when you have Debt or Unspent points, it made more sense to put them in a spot that would not end up as blank/wasted space. If you prefer the older version, goto the individual download page and pick up the one from the archive list. The only thing that one doesn't have is the PVP infamy bar.
Unread 07-16-2011, 08:52 PM
A Forest Scavenger

http://imageshack.us/f/198/eq2000021i.jpg/

My player frame is just above the chat window in the lower left. It appears to have shifted my concentration bars off to the side as well and seems to move the entire window off to the side a little bit, as you can see hp bars are clipping my pet window.

*Really* annoying.

Good to know those numbers' moving was intentional. It'll bother me less knowing it's not a bug.

Closing the client and completely relaunching tends to fix the shifted percentage. No idea whats up with it. Not familiar with UI mods in this game.
Unread 07-16-2011, 10:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Hmm, okay. Seems to be a bug when the player window is resized from default. I'll check in to it.
Unread 07-17-2011, 11:45 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Is it your UI that's resizing it? Because I don't recall ever touching anything with that window other than it's location.

Lemme know whats up with it though and when/if a fix goes through. Might solve some other issues you've got with other interactions in there, like the cures. Seems to mess those up for me as well as making the right click menu a bit finicky to actually get to show up :/
Unread 07-18-2011, 01:09 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Just going from your screenshot, the player window is not the minimum width. so something in the code isn't working correctly when the width is wider than that. It "should" be working at any width, but my guess is it has something to do with it. Hoping to fix it soon.
Unread 07-18-2011, 11:44 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Hm.

I can't reset the window size with any options that I saw but I did shorten the window a little bit and I'll see if that fixes it. I'll have to update the profile on everyone else though(everyone uses the same layout >.>) Unfortunately min width looks.... odd and is hard to see :/

Which brings me to another question. I know you can make the window itself larger, but is there a way to scale the elements in the window? Like, for example, I'm visually impaired. The group window, I'd like to make the individual player "frames" larger so I can see the cure buttons a bit better and have a little extra room to work with to click accurately, and it'd make the click cast buttons actually able to be used(they're too small for me to see really).

If it's not doable as is, it's fine, but if there's something I can change to make it work lemme know. The main reason I use UI mods is accessibility more so than ease of use. *misses WoW's macro system.. I just macro'd everything to cast on mouseover. No targetting or clicking for friendly spells, ever*
Unread 08-24-2011, 05:15 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default nice ui - map icons ?

Hey,

gotta start with a big THANK YOU for this UI, nice job ! everything works fine and easy to configure.

i have i small prob tho, the map and minimap wont show any icons, that i saw on some screenshot here and there i believe, so i asked myself... where are they hidin. quest tracking seems fine. i tried to remove the added files (eq2map2 thingy) and search thru forums but coudnt find anything.

for info i m a returning player and this is a clean install up to sentinel's fate, no backup files from my old UIs.

any ideas per chance ?

thx
wurz
Unread 08-24-2011, 09:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I'd say check your map options in the Options window in-game. Not sure otherwise, if it's a clean install.
Unread 08-25-2011, 10:11 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock

Hi, first off I want to say thanks for an awesome UI! Second, will the UI be compatible with GU61?
Unread 08-25-2011, 03:44 PM
A Griffon
Featured

It's already compatible yes. I'll make any changes and have them ready most likely tonight.
Unread 08-25-2011, 11:01 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I'm being evacuated due the hurricane on the east coast. Update may be delayed while I go to my sibling's place.
Unread 08-26-2011, 09:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default RE: Ireen.

Stay safe, man.
Unread 08-29-2011, 01:35 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.30

One file was removed: images/widgets03.dds
This image file originally had a different coin style, but it looks like they switched it back since I edited it, so it is no longer needed. Make sure to delete yours to make it more compatible with future Game Updates.

Update Log:
v1.30 - 2011.08.29
- Update [Gfx]: Updated include image files to support House Ratings system. Removed one unnecessary DDS file.

But save these files to backup your Quick Button settings, Item Notes, and Spell Timers:
- /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml
- /POI/drumsui_itemnotes.xml
- /POI/drumsui_spelltimer.xml

(If you had any saved from 1.29 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the custom settings files if you already have them, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 08-29-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Unread 09-05-2011, 04:28 PM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven_Caine View Post
I do an Black and silver version soon, I have one client to finish before I can "play"

Any other version you want done, let me know. I can do a few at a time.
This is exactly what I've been looking for

Is there any chance you can but theese 2 in, and maybe do a dark forest green one also

Thanks in advance
Unread 09-12-2011, 07:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Chat window & Drums

Drums has been a great UI for me, and I haven't had any problems until now.

On a lark, I decided to use the updater for drums, and upon logging in, found that I could no longer type anything in my chat window. Whenever I try to initiate typing something (i.e., pressing "r" to respond to a tell, etc.), I get a very brief graying out of the bottom line of my chat window which then reverts back to its default appearance.

Since I'm still able to use my voice chat feature, I asked around in guild and someone commented that they had a similar problem with Drums. I followed their suggestion to open a new chat window to replace the one that didn't seem to be working, but it didn't help.

Any idea?
Unread 09-13-2011, 02:30 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiben View Post
Drums has been a great UI for me, and I haven't had any problems until now.

On a lark, I decided to use the updater for drums, and upon logging in, found that I could no longer type anything in my chat window. Whenever I try to initiate typing something (i.e., pressing "r" to respond to a tell, etc.), I get a very brief graying out of the bottom line of my chat window which then reverts back to its default appearance.

Since I'm still able to use my voice chat feature, I asked around in guild and someone commented that they had a similar problem with Drums. I followed their suggestion to open a new chat window to replace the one that didn't seem to be working, but it didn't help.

Any idea?
As mentioned in one of the update posts in this thread:
Quote:
- Update [MainChat]: The chat window's scrollabar is now located on the right and will AutoHide when the mouse is off the window. Toggling the window Titlebar will now toggle the chat input so you can hide chat input on secondary chat windows. The chat tabs are no longer controlled by the Frame opacity slider. The old chat window is available in the variant folder.
Hope that helps