EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 01-08-2011, 09:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default need help installing eq2map on windows 7 please

I need help installing eq2map on windows 7, please. I download the setup folder for EQ2Map to my desktop which is the default saving location.

The folder I'm downloading is at eq2interface.com and is listed as- EQ2Map Auto Version: 1.2.4 & EQ2MAP - Auto Updating Version [Official].

When I double click the EQ2Map setup icon and install a EQ2Map updater icon appears on my desktop (the icon looks similar compass or ships wheel).

Everytime I click the EQ2Map updater icon to "Run" the program it opens a folder which contains 22 folders but does not run EQ2Map. The folders which appear do not seem to have any relation to EQ2 and they are listed as follows- ATI, Common Files, DVD Maker, Hewlett-Packard, hp, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Games, Microsoft Office, MSBuild, PlayReady, Realtek, Reference Assemblies, Symantec, Windows Defender, Windows Journal, Windows Live, Windows Mail, Windows Media Player, Windows NT, Windows Photo Viewer, Windows Portale devices, Windows Sidebar.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been working to resolve this issue for some time.

P.S.
I have tried installing to multiple locations including the default location which is listed as C:\Program Files (x86)\EQ2MAP Updater. I have also tried saving to 3 other locations as follows- "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II Extended\EQ2MAP Updater" and ""C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II Extended\UI\EQ2MAP Updater" and "C:\EQ2MAP Updater".
Unread 01-09-2011, 12:08 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

The folder that is popping up wants you to select the folder eq2 is in.

Silat
Unread 01-09-2011, 03:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
The folder that is popping up wants you to select the folder eq2 is in.

Silat
Sweet! I think I resolved the issue.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by cahvanon79 : 01-09-2011 at 04:11 AM.