EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 05-17-2006, 07:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Windows properties

Hi All,
Is it possible to access (view) and set window properties in game? What my goal is to make macros that can move my various hud windows around depending on what I am doing. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
z
Unread 05-17-2006, 09:33 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Sort of. Not pretty or elegantly.

Really, the only interaction that a macro can have with the UI is via /show_window and /hide_window commands.

So, if you wanted to move the clock window to 400,400 on your screen, for example - you could add an element to the clock window called "Moveto400400" or whatever and set its visibility to false.

Then you could have your ingame macro issue a "/show_window MainHUD.Clock.Moveto400400" command.

You set the OnShow of your "Moveto400400" to

parent.Location=400,400
Visible=false

Then you could from a macro move your clock. But you'd have to have elements for each position you want to move that window to.

In general, I would say that you'd not get the kind or results you want without way too much effort. But it is technically possible.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 05-18-2006, 01:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thank you for the explaination. Also, is there a way to view a parameter in game? I know you mention you cant move the window directly, but can you type something like: /window_property mainhud.clock.location

Can it be done in OhShow event code? You could do something interesting like dock another window next to the one your opening.

Thanks,
z
Unread 05-18-2006, 08:38 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Tricks I've found handy for this sort of stuff...

1) An ingame window can be made with text input boxes for "object path", "Property name" and "Value". A button on this window can then execute a script to set the value of any property of any UI object. This will in fact move windows, change colors, etc.

2) A similar window can be created that displays the value of any input path and property.

That being said, I think the easiest method for swapping window arangements is to arange everything for 1 layout. Camp, dupe and rename your settings file. Repeate for each setup. This should give you seperate settings files for each layout. Now you can load those settings files as needed.
Unread 05-18-2006, 11:17 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Yeah, Zonx, thinking on it, I was just about to suggest to the OP that he look into the /load_uisettings command as it would likely do what he wanted a lot easier. But you beat me to it.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'