EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-20-2010, 07:23 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Quest Journal Helper & Resist Bar

Hello,

I've been using ProfitUI for at least 3yrs+ and one of the things that it had was forward / back arrows and a drop-down arrow that showed you the latest quests that had been updated recently. That feature has since disappeared but I loved having the ability to see what quests had just "dinged". Is there a way to get that feature back?

Also, one of the other features was that you could click on the "|>" in the bottom left corner and it would switch one of the bars on the bottom so you could see what your resistances were at without having to open the "Persona" window and clicking "Tab 2" at the bottom. Is there a way to get that feature back as well?

Since gm9 relinquished ProfitUI Reborn and it became ProfitUI Catalyst under a new author, I must say that both authors have made & continue to make ProfitUI the best UI for the game.

Thanks to you both for providing us with this great UI
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:00 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromier View Post
Since gm9 relinquished ProfitUI Reborn and it became ProfitUI Catalyst under a new author, I must say that both authors have made & continue to make ProfitUI the best UI for the game.

Thanks, actually after Chrislau's Catalyst now you have Silat at the helm although I think he did not go for any catchy name yet.
Unread 04-20-2010, 10:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromier View Post
Hello,

I've been using ProfitUI for at least 3yrs+ and one of the things that it had was forward / back arrows and a drop-down arrow that showed you the latest quests that had been updated recently. That feature has since disappeared but I loved having the ability to see what quests had just "dinged". Is there a way to get that feature back?

Also, one of the other features was that you could click on the "|>" in the bottom left corner and it would switch one of the bars on the bottom so you could see what your resistances were at without having to open the "Persona" window and clicking "Tab 2" at the bottom. Is there a way to get that feature back as well?

They changed the way the journal works and I am unsure if that functionality is still available for the journal. Prior to SF the journal only showed one quest at a time, now it shows up to 10.

As for the bottom bar, I have one with the left click enabled that will go to the patcher as soon as raphael gets un-stranded.

For the left click eneabled one you need to have show frame and titlebar selected in the window options.

Silat
Unread 04-20-2010, 10:26 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I just tested the method used in the previous incarnation of the journal and it does not function anymore. There might be a new command but I am unaware of it.

So long story short ... I don't think the journal functionality you want can be added back in.

Silat
Unread 04-21-2010, 01:40 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

I believe it's now a UI option for the quest journal, there's a checkbox in there controlling whether the most recently updated quest pops to the top of the helper window or not.
Unread 04-21-2010, 03:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I believe it's now a UI option for the quest journal, there's a checkbox in there controlling whether the most recently updated quest pops to the top of the helper window or not.
yes but the functionality you want with the drop down and arrows was removed. The new helper window you have to put check boxes on the quest to show I think a max of 10 and then the most recent updated moves to the top of the box.
Unread 04-22-2010, 04:56 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Antonia Bayle

I found under "User Interface" ---> "Quest Helper Window" ..... a checkbox that says "Move updated quests to the top of the list"........ that will at least make it easier to see what just got updated.

As for the "Resist" click feature, I changed the windows setting for the bottom bar to "frame only" and still don't have the click feature to change it back and forth from resist to what it currently is set to so maybe I can piece something together.

Thanks for the lead into the quest helper. That should make things easier
Unread 04-22-2010, 06:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The gentleman who maintains the updater was stranded out of the country for a few days and has probably not had a chance to patch in the bottom bar with the left click enabled yet.

Silat