EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 10-22-2005, 08:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Angry Problems with OCD StartButton

I have always used OCD because is a great UI and one of the best features is its the start button, but since LU 14 I just see the regular EQII start buton without the utility window where was included. I have downloaded the startbutton alone and installed but it hasn't worked. Today I have installed LU15 update but it doesn't return.
I am not afraid to edit xml, I have used them as software devoloper, but I don't now nothing about UI specifications, please If someone can give me a clue, or better a solution.

Thanks in advance.
Unread 10-22-2005, 11:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Try this:

Delete the custom startbutton file. Load your game up. Right click the startbutton, and bring up the Window Options for it. Enable frames for the start button. Camp out. Now, re-install the custom startbutton file to your UI folder. See if it works then.
Unread 10-23-2005, 05:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Down

Thanks for your help, but frames were enabled . As I didn't know what could be the problem I am opened the eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml and see it wasn't XML compliant, maybe it don't need to be but I moved some tags and now I can see the frame, the unequip all, togglebags and follow target buttons, and the but not the images in equipment slots, and can't open the sub window that have the rest of options.
Muahahahaha I like this feeling If I can't make it work I will make my own muahahahaha

PS: That happens just because I have made visible a frame, hehehe, if I can go beyond probably I will be loss for ever. Please help me!

Last edited by Aiwe : 10-23-2005 at 05:37 AM.
Unread 10-23-2005, 09:18 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Hmmm. I dunno. Try doing the directions I stated, but turn the frame off. Hit Ok. Then reopen the options and turn the frames back on to make sure it's registering in the game.

Also, in the OCD Startbutton page, it says trying hitt "Alt + ~" I believe it is, so, see what works. I know the frame thing was my problem at first because I had turned the frame off once and it had screwed me up somehow.