EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 09-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Butcherblock
Question Having issues ... (Don't we all, really?)

ok, I have figured out a lotta my own issues with EQ2map, but for some reason, the auto updater isn't downloading and installing Dungeon maps at all... All my guildies say that there's works fine..

Operating system: Win 7: 64 Bit (2.5 Ghz, Quad Core, 4gb memory)
Icon already set up to run as administrator when clicked.
I seem to update POI's Everyday, before I start playing EQ2.

Anyone got any suggestions I can try?
Unread 09-29-2010, 02:31 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

We've got this handy sticky thread called common problems (and solutions). Read the second one.
Unread 09-29-2010, 04:19 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
We've got this handy sticky thread called common problems (and solutions). Read the second one.
same problem and option 2 did nothing i even re-downloaded all maps still no dungeon maps

Unread 09-29-2010, 04:52 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quote:
Now I know you must have a Lot of people that don't actually READ these posts here, But I do. And I'm no stranger to an incorrect installation path. It would be nice if that were the problem here. The second one you say this is related to reads:

Problem:
1. Your maps do not look different after installing EQ2MAP. and/or
2. EQ2 does not start automatically.

Solution:
Start the updater, click on the Options button and change your Everquest 2 path. You do that by clicking the topmost "Browse" button. Now navigate to the Everquest 2 folder you are currently starting the game in. Keep in mind that many people have more than one EQ2 installation without knowing it. This is caused by SOE's Station Launcher or Launchpad which you use to update the game. If you are using the OLD launchpad you can get your correct path by right clicking the icon you use to start the game, selecting properties and checking the path that is configured there. If you are using the station launcher you can start it, go to options, preferences, select your Everquest II installation and click on "Change Install Location". Do not change anything, just note down the path that it opens up in.

Now IF this were my problem in the 1st place, don't you think I would have tried it? My current installation of EQ2map does work, I have maps in some places but not all. If the installation path were wrong, I wouldn't have any maps at all, and or, POI's.

P.S. - You don't have to be so condescending when you reply to a post here. I, like everyone else, am just looking for a solution to my problem, of which I couldn't find with doing a search of the forums in the first place.

Last edited by Keybordkiller : 09-29-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Unread 09-29-2010, 04:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybordkiller View Post
My current installation of EQ2map does work, I have maps in some places but not all. there is Nothing Different looking about my maps. If the installation path were wrong, I wouldn't have any maps at all, and or, POI's.
Your assumption is incorrect, the default UI includes maps for all cities and overland zones and some POIs for those as well.

If there is nothing different looking about your map window then EQ2MAP is not installed correctly (you will not have the Submit and Report POI buttons either, for example).
Unread 09-29-2010, 02:04 PM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

OK is it normal to have the POI's for the dungeon map but not the map itself as i explore the map i open it up?

Unread 09-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quote:
Your assumption is incorrect, the default UI includes maps for all cities and overland zones and some POIs for those as well.

If there is nothing different looking about your map window then EQ2MAP is not installed correctly (you will not have the Submit and Report POI buttons either, for example).
Well, according to the EQ2 Icon/ Desktop shortcut properties, on the Shortcut tab, the program "starts in" is:

C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\installed Games\EverQuest II

Which is the same as whats in the Everquest 2 section, of the EQ2map options. Gotta love Copy & Paste :~} for making sure of that.

EDIT: Ok, just uninstalled and re-installed the Auto Updater again, and nothing has really changed. I even checked to make sure the eq2.ini file had the EQ2MAP addition to it, and it does. it'a the 1st one in the list.

EDIT 2: Humm.... I re-opened the eq2.ini file and moved the eq2map entry to the bottom, saved it, than started up EQ2, and now it seems to be working. even checked in a instanced dungeon (Stormhold), just to make sure. sory for all this, but I'm now truly confused as to why it wasn't working before now, considering all i did was move the entry from the top of the list to the bottom.

Last edited by Keybordkiller : 09-29-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Unread 09-29-2010, 06:21 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
EDIT 2: Humm.... I re-opened the eq2.ini file and moved the eq2map entry to the bottom, saved it, than started up EQ2, and now it seems to be working. even checked in a instanced dungeon (Stormhold), just to make sure. sory for all this, but I'm now truly confused as to why it wasn't working before now, considering all i did was move the entry from the top of the list to the bottom.
You can only use 1 custom interface folder at a time. If you added an EQ2MAP entry in addition to another custom interface that's why it would not work. Usually you should leave that file alone, the updater will detect your settings and add EQ2MAP to whatever interface you are already using.

PS: DiggityMan don't hijack other people's threads, it only leads to confusion, but yes, map "fog" is an intended feature.
Unread 09-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I had installed Zy's Celtic Ring for targeting... Its highly visible from the normal ring. But that sux if I can only have 1. Crud... Is there any way I can use both? EQ2MAP & Zy's Celtic Ring are the only 2 I see, that I want atm...

But By far, If I have to choose between them, EQ2MAP will win.... Hands down!
Unread 09-29-2010, 07:00 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
I had installed Zy's Celtic Ring for targeting... Its highly visible from the normal ring. But that sux if I can only have 1. Crud... Is there any way I can use both? EQ2MAP & Zy's Celtic Ring are the only 2 I see, that I want atm...

But By far, If I have to choose between them, EQ2MAP will win.... Hands down!
you can only have 1 UI folder but several mods, means you need to install them into the same folder.

Just move your target ring over to the eq2map folder and you are good to go.
Unread 09-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

ok, so what ever UI mod I want, just has to go into that single folder, within the UI folder.... got ya, tyvm. Worked Like a charm